• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ported throttle body?

D

devanmc

Im looking at sending a Zetec TB to be ported by a fellow CEG'r. What exactly are the benefits of a ported throttle body. I figure increased airflow but im looking for more then my best guess and just 1 thing.

-Devan

I think that's about it... if I remember correctly you'ld be looking at about +3hp at open throttle. I just dropped mine off to most likely the same fellow cegger last week. I should have it back this weekend.

i was referred to "pole120" ... Same guy?

Please let me know the differences when you get it back.

With a ported throttle body you gain around 2HP/2TQ at WOT.
Also throttle response is increased a tiny bit, which basically means that the power band of the car shifts a few RPM lower.

$75 for a zetec TB or $65 for an v6 TB which includes shipping (although as I mentioned I live close by so I didn't need to ship it). I should be getting it back this week. I bought a second TB online for 30 bucks (so I wouldn't have my car out since it's my daily driver) and am having it ported/optimized for $75... so I guess I'm paying $105 for 2 hp/tq at wot... not the best investment.. but with everything else that I'll be doing it will help squeeze out a little extra power. Of course after all the other mods I should be getting 3 hp/tq from the TB :) , lol

good deal. hope you happy with it. tell us the difference once its on please

I got my throttle body on last night, it looked nice with the opening more "contoured" - no pun intended. As expected though I can't really notice a difference (only about 1hp and 2hp open throttle maybe until I get more mods). But, one more item down on the list :cool:

Also, I mentioned earlier that bnoon did my throttle body. When I picked it up from him on Wednesday night he mentioned that mine was the last one he's going to do. :eek:

I see. Well their is still someone else on the site willing to do them so im not to worried about that. Thanks for the info.

Back