• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Poly front sway bar bushings 98csvt

SSTHIS03

CEG'er
So does anyone know of or have a part number for poly replacement sway bar bushings for the front of an e0 svtc? Was thinking of bypassing BAT for the parts if I can source them elsewhere. Lemme know y'all. Thanks

Ian

I just measured front and rear sway bars on my 1995 GL w 6 cylinder, front measures 20 mm, rear measured 17 mm. Obviously one does not want loose fit on bushings.

Is the 19mm bushing size rounded down from 20mm bar?

Thanks!

I just measured front and rear sway bars on my 1995 GL w 6 cylinder, front measures 20 mm, rear measured 17 mm. Obviously one does not want loose fit on bushings.

Is the 19mm bushing size rounded down from 20mm bar?

Thanks!

No, the bushing I listed are not "rounded down". I have purchased and installed these very bushings on two different SVT's and no issues.
Go to the URL I listed and select your bushings part numbers.

Thanks, I believe you. I would expect SVT's to have stiffer (or thicker) bars than GL, maybe it's a weight saving measure. Thanks again.

(Untitled)

The SVT uses a larger rear bar and a smaller front bar to add more rear bias in cornering. Better bite up front = less understeer.

Back