• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

plastic cylinder into gas tank

TRed00SVT

CEG'er
using a funnel w/ a 12" flex tube that had a plastic cylinder if you will at the end to keep it firm. the plastic piece was on the inside of the flex tube and is about 1 -1.5 inch long with about 3/4 inch opening straight thru. using to pour in fuel injection cleaner. somehow the plastic insert came out and went down the tank.

how bad is it and what to do?

.... somehow the plastic insert came out and went down the tank.

how bad is it and what to do?

I wouldn't worry about it. Plastic is made from petrochemicals and the small part should not knock the fuel pump off or get stuck in the fuel pump intake. The next time you change your fuel pump, you can try locating it (if you want to).

Last edited:
He should be. It went into the fuel tank. It is one of those $3 "1 inch black connector at the bottom of a 12 inch see through hose with a yellow adaptor on the top" for a gallon jug. The black connector came out. I have one of those and got it stuck when I was using it for the engine oil this past weekend. But it came loose after jiggling it a bit. :eek:

Filling is no problem. it went down the neck past where i can see so i assume its all the way into the tank. drives fine so far.

Back