• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PIONEER PREMIER, whats the story?

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
so whats the diff between the regular pioneers and the PIONEER PREMIERs. you dont see the PIONEER PREMIERs in the stores. and on ebay i have seen the same models with both names.

the premier have extra features, and the models are different, the premier model #'s are in the hundreds, the others are in the thousands. I have one of the premiers and it's a great deck, has all the features you need and then some

Its basicly pioneers "special" line that only goes to select dealers. from what I remember the features are not any different between the premier and standard lines. The main benefit is that premieres come with a 2-year warranty instead of 1 year.
Its just like the JVC Arsenal line, the Arsenals look a little different but have the same features and a 2 year warranty.

iirc, the premier line has gold plated rcas and possibly higher voltage output. a dealer once told me that it was Pioneer's way of giving small stereo shops an advantage over the big chain stores like best buy and circuit city.

Premier is supposed to be the higher end line for Pioneer.

My experience from them is mostly from many years back. The premier line had better and more features then they're regular pioneer counterparts (pre-out volts, eq options, etc). From my experience the features vs. the price difference made it worth it, but I had a good shop that gave me premier stuff at prices barely much more then they sold the pioneer stuff for.

I have about an 8 year old reciever that is still going strong. Also I have 2 of the aluminum looking subs (ts1040 ?) that hit hard and very clean. I just refuse to give them up. The premier amps that came out about the same time also sounded very good and were underrated. Their aluminum line components from them were nice to but to harsh on the highs for my tastes, I preferred the reqular pioneer comps over them.

How premier is nowadays, I have no clue in the car audio world. From specs and features I've glanced at, they've lost their edge. In the home audio world mostly premier is better then regular pioneer, but a few pioneer units top premier units.

I have the Pioneer Premier 980BT HU, which is comparable to the Pioneer 9800BT. The differences were what has already been mentioned in a couple of different posts: a 2-year warranty (vs. 1-year) and 5v pre-amp outs (vs. 4v).

Back