• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic request all different suspension combinations

Actually curb weights are about 300lbs different, might not seem so but theres alot more metal in the 2.5.

this isnt really the right thread for this. but you cant take the curb wieght of a zetec tour and a duratec tour and determine the diff. in wieght is all in the engine..its not. fact is,like i stated,the i4 cast iron,the v6 is aluminum.

I think everyone should just post their suspension info as well as their wheel/tire size info. Although then it may be repetitive of the wheel/tire pic post.

this isnt really the right thread for this. but you cant take the curb wieght of a zetec tour and a duratec tour and determine the diff. in wieght is all in the engine..its not. fact is,like i stated,the i4 cast iron,the v6 is aluminum.
true, however the duratec does weigh in at a hefty 360lbs (fully dressed) and the zetec is only 115Kg (253lbs) thats a difference of 107lbs. its still not a huge difference. the extra 200lbs in the curb weight comes from extra options that were standard on the V6 and only optional on the zetec.

true, however the duratec does weigh in at a hefty 360lbs (fully dressed) and the zetec is only 115Kg (253lbs) thats a difference of 107lbs. its still not a huge difference. the extra 200lbs in the curb weight comes from extra options that were standard on the V6 and only optional on the zetec.

like the hydromatic 21 speed with 4X4, hyperspeed and smooth shift technology and 26 inch tires! in some rare models there was the drive by mind option! good for 100 extra pounds! lol im just giving you crap

i like this topic any other people with suspension picks? bump

Ben's car with Koni sport kit
web.jpg

Stock suspension, ST200 wheels. I am so glad I didnt sell those things.
web.jpg

me too! lol me likey the ST200s. that is why i have them. just wish you would have kept your suspension and put it on there. as ive said i am wanting to go with the eibach BAT setup. if not just BAT

me too! lol me likey the ST200s. that is why i have them. just wish you would have kept your suspension and put it on there. as ive said i am wanting to go with the eibach BAT setup. if not just BAT

I got a good deal on a low mileage stock suspension, sop im sticking with that for a while, or at least until I get a winter beater.

Back