• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Photoshop done right!

Recoveryone

Veteran CEG'er
I had the guy from Domistic Driver mag hook me up with this guy that does real good photoshop work, take a peek, and keep the drool down to a minimum....:laugh::laugh: and NO licking the paint!!!:nonono:

crawfordyg1.jpg

I'll get this blown up to poster size and use it at the next car show I do.

That looks awesome. There's just a little too much emphasis on the red, IMO. A little less red on the bottom would look great.

I had the guy from Domistic Driver mag hook me up with this guy that does real good photoshop work, take a peek, and keep the drool down to a minimum....:laugh::laugh: and NO licking the paint!!!:nonono:

No offense... but if by "real good photoshop work," you meant "destroyed any of the reality and subtle nuance of the original material," you're absolutely right.

If you've been working in Photoshop for an hour, you can copy the image, create a new layer, paste it, flip vertical, change the opacity, switch to free transform and stretch the "reflection" to the dimensions seen above. It's roughly 7 minutes worth of "work" on a slow computer.

The rest is simple filter work and color adjustment with difference clouds thrown into hide any flaws in the work. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't throw in a lens flare filter.

<--- not easily impressed with Photoshop work.

EDIT 2: What's with the obvious smudge or airbrush work by the headlights and around the edge of the hood? I'm sorry, man... but that is amateur Photoshop work at best. I could have done better on my laptop with the touch pad mouse. I hope he didn't take more than an hour to get this done for you.

No offense... but if by "real good photoshop work," you meant "destroyed any of the reality and subtle nuance of the original material," you're absolutely right.

If you've been working in Photoshop for an hour, you can copy the image, create a new layer, paste it, flip vertical, change the opacity, switch to free transform and stretch the "reflection" to the dimensions seen above. It's roughly 7 minutes worth of "work" on a slow computer.

The rest is simple filter work and color adjustment with difference clouds thrown into hide any flaws in the work. Honestly, I'm surprised he didn't throw in a lens flare filter.

EDIT 2: What's with the obvious smudge or airbrush work by the headlights and around the edge of the hood? I'm sorry, man... but that is amateur Photoshop work at best. I could have done better on my laptop with the touch pad mouse. I hope he didn't take more than an hour to get this done for you.
Well be my guess and do another one so we all can compare:cool:

I take my post back, I originally said it would be hard to duplicate within an hour. I think it could be done. Im impressed with initial looks but after see the quality Im not sure if its top notch. i would like to see a higher rez image.

Looks Sweet though, I would rock one on my wall.

I take my post back, I originally said it would be hard to duplicate within an hour. I think it could be done. Im impressed with initial looks but after see the quality Im not sure if its top notch. i would like to see a higher rez image.

Looks Sweet though, I would rock one on my wall.

Thank you. :)

The close- in work of actually extracting the SVT out of the main image is the only painstaking portion of the image. The rest are all canned tools and liberal use of layer opacity changes.

Having looked at the original... I prefer the original far beyond the final product.

trying to give it eyelids?

Nice :cool: Thats going into the save folder for all the sweet pictures of SVT.

But the ground where you live looks like lava, WTH is wrong with your town? :laugh:

Well Bishop!!! I have yet to see any result of your work to back up your claim of being a better photoshoper:shrug::shrug: In the mean time my boy has stepped up his game and thrown the gauntlet down in your face with this next pic:

crawford02px1.jpg

Reminds me of a chop I did for a ceg member about seven years ago that took me litterally 10 minutes, mind you I don't like using filters. I have always airbrushed in things like reflections and lighting changes. You can always spot filters.

Contour-Joe-Background.jpg

Contour-Joe-Finished.jpg

Recoveryone, I wouldn't worry that Bishop doesn't like your friend's chop. The first one you showed was better than the last one you put up, it's actually not a good example at all.

Back