• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pet Peeves.

people who wander around in the grocery store like the're lost with a cart brimming with groceries...and then get in my way...

people who wander around in the grocery store like the're lost with a cart brimming with groceries...and then get in my way...

I worked in a grocery store...I hate people that do that.

How about when you're pulling 1900 pounds of potatoes down the store and a retard walks in front of you with a cart and stops. :mad:

Weight is more or less accurate, 38 - 50lb bags... Trying stopping that, I dented a cooler bumper!

this is a cooler bumper:cool:

Attachments

• 2005-Saleen-S7-Blue-R-Section-1024x768.jpg
    2005-Saleen-S7-Blue-R-Section-1024x768.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 0
I really hate the people that freak out when a snow storm is coming and then proceed to buy milk, bread, and eggs like they're going to be stuck in their house for 3 months.

I hate when GM designs a highbeam switch with one lever arm, 6 pinned joints, 4 flappy paddles, and one steel rod...

And all that for what? To push a button under the dash...

GM Logic:
Lever
pin joint​
elbow​
pinned flappy paddle​
pinned slider​
pinned flappy paddle​
pinned flappy paddle​
steel rod down column​
button​
wires​

Normal Logic:
Lever Arm
Button​
Wires​

Solution to fix GM's idea, hammer the button with a wrench, magical solution to tightening up build tolerances! Zing!

changing the oil on a subaru large drain hole = mess /filter stuck in the crotch of the Y pipe =:mad:

not to mention the umpteen dozen screws in the splash pan

kind of like changing the oil on my '07 nissan frontier...have to go through an access panel in the front skid plate for the filter...no matter how much I wipe up what spilled, it drips oil for a day or so after each change :mad:

^ I had the same problem with my '00 Maxima. Oil filter location is not friendly at all, especially when it's screwed on tight. Could barely squeeze an oil filter wrench up there, let alone turn it.

kind of like changing the oil on my '07 nissan frontier...have to go through an access panel in the front skid plate for the filter...no matter how much I wipe up what spilled, it drips oil for a day or so after each change :mad:

lol, a guy i work with just did his first oil change on the Titan that he got. like many others the screws for the accel panel to the oil filter stripped out because they where corrodeded, got it used, and he had to drop the whole skidplate.

the contour is easy with a oil filter relocation kit. just drop the splash shield if you have one and its done.

mine is slightly more annoying at the moment. to keep oil off the fog lamp I have to pull the bumper to change it ....

Believe it or not, I do not hate the contour filter. Its right there in the front, reach up, unscrew. Sure oil drips down the block, but oil comes out of every filter when you unscrew it. There is no access panel, no stupid wires, no projecting O2 sensors off the header. Its a pretty clean shot. If the filter is too tight just get a filter cap with 3/8" socket port. Off in no time!

Both blazer's have access panels... the cavy i need to take the tire off to get to the filter...the caprice is back of the block near the transmission, so you have to get completely under the car to get it out...I'm pretty sure the old ranger we have its near the frame/axle/control arm area on the side of the block...my brothers jeep he always yells about when he changes the oil :laugh: not sure where the filter is though!

Yeah the contour/taurus (father has Duratec 3L taurus) is about the nicest oil filter I've have changed/help change.

minimal mess with the volvo. also doesn't require removal of anything to complete either. the filter cartridge housing is just hanging out right by itself next to the oil pan. nothing in the way.

I really hate the people that freak out when a snow storm is coming and then proceed to buy milk, bread, and eggs like they're going to be stuck in their house for 3 months.

Seriously. I always wondered what in the hell they were planning on making with those three items. French toast? :shrug:
I'd be more worried about having "real" food in case you're stranded.

If we ALL come up there Royal... we'll take 'um. Or, maybe Dan could come up there with his blowgun. LOL! Poison darts FTW!

When my ISP decides to boot me off every 10 bloody seconds. :mad: Must have been the weather or something because normally it's decent.

Last edited:
Seriously. I always wondered what in the hell they were planning on making with those three items. French toast? :shrug:
I'd be more worried about having "real" food in case you're stranded.

If we ALL come up there Royal... we'll take 'um. Or, maybe Dan could come up there with his blowgun. LOL! Poison darts FTW!

When my ISP decides to boot me off every 10 bloody seconds. :mad: Must have been the weather or something because normally it's decent.
whats wrong with french toast:shrug: that would be quit the show down :rolleyes: ya I hate getting booted also

Nothing wrong with french toast. I happen to make a mean french toast. Whenever my brother comes up from NC he asks me to make it for him. His wife said to me once: "I don't understand, I make him french toast and he won't eat it but when we come here, he insists you make it for him". The nice guy my brother is, he finally confessed... "my sister makes the best french toast, no offense honey." LOL!

Did you ever try the Polanar (sp) All Fruit blueberry syrup? :drool: :drool:

no but I'am eating a box of cheez-it douz sharp chedder and parmesan:drool::laugh:

Back