• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

PCV Elbow.. where to buy?

Murtaza

CEG'er
The little rubber elbow where the pcv connects to the oil separator line via the 90 degree rubber hose.. I tried autozone/pepboys they don't really have anything.. where can I find this part?

Pic I stole from another thread >>

If your is ruined, you could build one with a 90* nylon elbow from Home Depot/Lowes/Menards and two short pieces of heater hose. Wouldn't be pretty, but it would be effective.

Otherwise, someone might have one around here. I've also had the NAPA around here just let me look in their parts rack at components for other cars that fit what I was looking for. Maybe a 90* rubber elbow is available for some other random vehicle. Good luck.

I have an extra one sitting in my tool box if you want it. Honestly though, i would just go to the junkyard and grab one from a V6 Contour/Cougar.

I'm not sure if Ford still makes it, but that's where I got mine a couple years ago. It comes attached to that pipe... I think a rubber hose on the other end of the pipe too. You'd need to pull off your LIM to swap the whole part though.

You could use a formed heater hose el, but coolant hose isn't known for its oil resistance. I can't remember what the inside diameter is there, but you might find a Silicone el in the right size, Silicone hoses deal better with oil. You can cut that crimped Oetiker clamp at the steel tube with some heavy wire cutters, then replace it with a regular worm clamp.

I'll be contacting the OP about copyright fees for using my photo. :laugh:

Haha.. ok thanks for the help. I'll go with some basic rubber or fuel line hose into a 90 degree elbow from autozone. All they seem to have are the "Help" products hard plastic 90 degree pcv elbows. Hopefully that does it

You could remove the entire metal hose and run a rubber line from the oil separator box between the heads to the PCV. A rubber line should be able to bend up so you wouldn't need a special elbow. Clamp each side and you should be fine.

Back