• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Optimize?

"Optimizing" a MAF is a terrible idea. It will lead to serious issues for the PCM in determining how much air is entering the engine, even at low speed. This can lead to expensive long term issues, particularly with catalytic convertors and exhaust valves burning out.

If you really need more flow, its is far cheaper in the long run, and a much better solution to pick up a larger Ford MAF from another application, like a mustang, and have the Contour PCM recalibrated with the correct map for the new MAF.

Throttle body, do as much or as little as you like as described in the how to, but make sure the screws for the throttle blade are absolutely secure when you're done, or it will be a very expensive mistake.

Throttle body, do as much or as little as you like as described in the how to, but make sure the screws for the throttle blade are absolutely secure when you're done, or it will be a very expensive mistake.

Which means...use loctite on the screws ;)

what year mustang? Is there a how to for that one? Sorry guys about the all the questions still kinda new to the site and dont know where to look for stuff

what year mustang? Is there a how to for that one? Sorry guys about the all the questions still kinda new to the site and dont know where to look for stuff

If you really need to go bigger on the MAF, look for an 80mm or 90mm MAF from Lightning, or Cobra, or even a Lincoln Mark8.

However, in all honesty, you won't need a MAF upgrade until you've done quite a bit of other work to significantly increase your power output. The MAF isn't really a restriction on our cars when you are close to stock. I would spend my effort and $$ elsewhere. Changing out the MAF when you don't need to is just inviting driveability issues to pop up. Wait until you really need the extra airflow.

the best way tomake sure the screws wont come out is to do it like the factory did, and leave a little bit of extra screw protruding through, and mash the ends so they are not round enough to back themselves out :D

i plan on getting the turbo kit from NPG in the next few months and was gonna start the tb optimize now. my CSVT isnt my daily driver

Back