• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Optilux 2500 /w PIAA Plasma Ion H3's & yellow Lamin-X

gooserex

CEG'er
A couple shots of new fog install (got tired of my bulbs burning out, and one housing had melted) 85w PIAA H3's in the Optilux housings covered with lamin-x.

ground shot, head on

head on, first person perspective

light profile from the side

projected light pattern

guess I got some alignin' to do

I also put on yellow 1.7mm lamin-x on the fogs to protect the glass. We all know how much of a PITA H3's are to install, let alone into the fogs and once this is perfect I don't want to be touching them for quite some time!

As for the hook up, the Angle Eyes are farely muted because of the yellow Lamin-X, so I'm not even sure if I'll hook them up at this point, as for now the fogs are hooked directly up to the factory wiring so they behave accordinly.

Lamin-X product contents album

you need HID's to really bring out your fogs. I started to lose interest in my hella fogs because they have a driving beam patter which is a pencil like pattern, as suppose to a real fog beam pattern which is more wide-spread. The light is crazy strong and I really like it! However no matter how many sheets of vinyl u put on to protect your fog lens, i can tell you now that they will crack within a year..garunteed :blackeye:

they look great though!

You can get Lamin-x from their online store at www.lamin-x.com, any 4" round fog light package will be easier to apply and cheaper to buy then bulk film. The don't have pre-cut for the tours' so oyu'll have to buy the 8"x"27 x2 bulk film which runs about ~$54 USD.

I got a couple day time pics and I'll post em later on tonight.

As for the HIDs, I USED to be running HB PIAA Plasma Ions for my low beams but one burnt out (water got in the light housing) so what you see in these pics are my brand new Ford OE headlights, what I have yet to do is purchase new ion bulbs for the low and high beam. :) :) :)

Back