• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Opel Astra vs Opel Corsica questions.

BlackBetty

CEG'er
Hey guys,

So next month I will be going to Europe with my brother and his wife. We will be renting a car, and from the looks of it we will be getting either an Astra or a Corsa. I'm not worried about any performance but mostly space.

Will the three of us have room in the Corsa, or are they too cramped? Keep in mind we will be traveling with 3 big suitcases and 3 carry-on's.

I'm currently looking on their websites and youtube to find some reviews on them but my guess the Astra is about the same size as a Ford Focus, and the Corsica is around the size of a Fiesta?

Any info will be great!

Cheers.

I also posted this over on NECO, the more feedback the better!

topgear.com might have useful info since they have the same models in the UK? not sure on that. someone can correct me if need be.

topgear.com might have useful info since they have the same models in the UK? not sure on that. someone can correct me if need be.

Thanks! I have googled the hell out of it and youtubed as well and were pretty much sold on the Astra. We figured even if we can fit in the Corsa we might as well just get the bigger car, have more power, and be more comfortable.

You are right, the Corsa is the size of the Fiesta and the Astra is the size of a focus - Saturn make the Astra over your bit.
The Astra is the one to go for of the 2 however the boot is bigger in the focus as we mainly have the hatchbacks and that is the one i would go for if i had a choice.
The Astra will do the job but the boot is not that big.

Back