• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

One Touch Sunroof w/ Lighted Switch Round 3 / ONGOING

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConcepTrs913

Veteran CEG'er
This group buy has been such a great success in the past and people keep PM'ing me for this so I am going to do another round!

This is a group buy for an automatic sunroof modification and a lighted switch. This will make your sunroof open and close by the push of one button and the switch will also light up like the door locks etc. There will be step by step instructions and the install is very simple you can do it on your own very easily. The kit is assembled properly with heat shrink and it is color coded ready to go.

The d79 connector is just a fancy name for a wire that allows you to repin the stock harness in order to get the lighted switch to light up.

Here are the options:

1) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open AND auto close = $47 shipped
2) Lighted switch, d79 connector, auto open only = $35 shipped
3) auto open AND auto close = $37 shipped
4) auto open ONLY = $25 shipped

The prices are adjusted appropriately depending on what parts you will need to satisfy the kit.

Please specify which option you would like.

**If you would like me to install this for you for some reason and have the connections soldered in instead of using quick splices, you can ship me your sunroof motor both ways and pay $10 for labor if you choose to** I don't think anyone would do this, but the offer is on the table

If you want one, PM me or put your name in this thread.

Here is a picture of how the lighted switch will work and a video as well.

IMG_4247.jpg

sorry i took it during the day

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/contoursvt93/?action=view&current=MVI_4248.flv

Sorry for the music I didn't even realize it was playing...

PM me or post up on the thread if you want one!

I would like to get option one, but we can still change the color of the switch once we get it right?

I never knew this problem existed; I didn't see that when it was posted. I haven't had anyone else contact me about this problem so I cannot say if it is due to my mod or not. Everyone has been satisfied with it. If you read in that post Brapple said that he thinks something else was wrong with it.

It works the same way with tilt that it does with the regular opening function. Watch the vid for further info. You can also go to these threads to read about the previous group buys. http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...e-sunroof-w-lighted-switch-round-2&highlight= and http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...tic-sunroof-mod-lighted-switch-kit&highlight=

You guys can also read my guestbook at this site to see some feedback... http://www.a-free-guestbook.com/gb/meredin/

I'll just go ahead and vouche for this since there may be some lazies out there to click on a link haha. Great mod, I use it all the time.

I'll throw in a vote of confidence for this GB as well, I purchased a kit in the last round and I've been nothing but satisfied with it!

~Mike~

I'm not looking to purchase this as I don't have a sunroof on my car... but I do have a concerning question... maybe this isn't an issue because the sun roof may already do this... but

with an auto close feature... couldn't this pose a danger? I mean I'm guessing this car doesn't have the capability of detecting an obstruction in the sunroof's path like I've seen in the newer BMW X5 I rode in, so wouldn't be possible (and I realize this is kind of stupid) for someone, maybe a kid, to get there hand or something else stuck in the sunroof if they were fooling around.

I know I know... stupid, but just curious. Not sure that the motor hasn't enough force to do anything, just asking the question and putting it out there.

I'm not looking to purchase this as I don't have a sunroof on my car... but I do have a concerning question... maybe this isn't an issue because the sun roof may already do this... but

with an auto close feature... couldn't this pose a danger? I mean I'm guessing this car doesn't have the capability of detecting an obstruction in the sunroof's path like I've seen in the newer BMW X5 I rode in, so wouldn't be possible (and I realize this is kind of stupid) for someone, maybe a kid, to get there hand or something else stuck in the sunroof if they were fooling around.

I know I know... stupid, but just curious. Not sure that the motor hasn't enough force to do anything, just asking the question and putting it out there.

thats a really good point.

And just for safety reasons, I would just order the auto open feature :D

Exactly... just trying to help out the OP by avoiding a potential lawsuit or something stupid in the future... I might just limit your options to 2 and 4 just to cover your butt. However that is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back