• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

? on Big Brake Kits? Gonna Order Soon

qbcsvt

Hard-core CEG'er
I am now in the market for a BBK

Obviously I know I can get

Wilwood
Baer
NPG

BBKs

But ever since seeing the Brembo's on the CSVT Pace cars. I wanted to know if those went into production....

Thanks

- amyn

no they didn't. If you REALLY wanted a brembo kit, you could buy the one for the FSVT and adapt it, but its really expensive. Or, if my machinist can ever find some spare CNC time, I'll have some brackets available to adapt the 13" Cobra R brembo setup (and the standard Cobra 2-piston PBRs).

Baer has some good product and prices - easy to get parts too.
People say that the NPG kits are plenty big for our platform.
Wilwood has decent priced kits, but are a little more costly than the baer and NPG kits.

If you plan to drive your car in winter, I've heard that some of the aftermarket calipers don't hold up well to the snow, salt, etc. and have to rebuilt frequently. Might want to stick with the FSVT front brake upgrade and the NPG rear brake bracket...don't forget, you'll lose your parking brake if you go aftermarket on the rear.

TCE offers a rear caliper bracket and 2 piece rotor upgrade so you can use your stock caliper and ebrake. It's like $5xx.xx.

Back