• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Fall Dragon Run Oct 13-15th

Ya, I only downloaded the pics for frid & sat. The pics I took on sun are on the disc. Would it be possible to email some of the pics taken on sunday? Maybe choose the best 5 or 10.

Well September is the only time that works for me (wedding on Oct 20).....I just want to run it....don't care about the scenery.:shrug: After the coldness of this last run....I think it can stand being a little warmer.

As far as it being my honeymoon.....no dice. We are going to Hawaii.:laugh:

Lets not break Tradition

Lets not break Tradition

Well September is the only time that works for me (wedding on Oct 20).....I just want to run it....don't care about the scenery.:shrug: After the coldness of this last run....I think it can stand being a little warmer.

As far as it being my honeymoon.....no dice. We are going to Hawaii.:laugh:

All i can say is you are gonna have to miss the run next year, I missed it last year because of my wedding. I mean neither me nore eric asked ANYONE to change any dates for us. plus it is an off weekend for UT i am not gona miss any UT game. NOPI ATL is another reason. I mean you could always come to the spring run.

Only for ONE year

Only for ONE year

The only reason we're breaking tradition is because of the wedding. Originally Hector wasn't going to be able to make it down at all and actually choose the Woodward Dream Cruize instead of the Dragon next year. The spring idea sounds great but we've got this thing we attend every year called Spring Zing, maybe you've heard of it:shrug: We've been waiting to see some southern representation for over 5 years now, so maybe you can try and get some of the guys together for that, start planning now and you'll be able to make it. Its never a dull moment, trust me!

Hector and I spoke about this and it looks like the first weekend of Sept is what works best for us. My 10 year wedding anniversery is Sept 20th, so I can't do it then and Hector can't make it in October because his wedding is the 20th and I'm obviously going to that as well, so its because of the amount of driving or anything its just gotta be spaced out like this for us to make it work. By no means are we asking anyone to work around our scedule but this is when we're coming in for the run, it will not be the official running of the Dragon unless its a majority thing, but thats ok, you don't need us for anyways:)

The fall dragon meet will be decided as it was this year. Whatever is the best for everyone will be the official meet. If you can't make it you can't make it. To be honest, I really enjoy going up there with only one or two other vehicles. More driving can get done including the other great roads in the area. Meeting and hanging out with everyone is cool, but I go there to drive. I can hang out at spring zing or 'local' meets. Next year, I'm going whatever fits my schedule the best. If it's when other CEGers are there then cool, if not, I don't think it'll make my time up there any less fun.

The cd's are in the mail. I mailed Brad, Jim, Kenneth, John, Trey and Ross. I need Hector, Roger, Eric, and I forgot the Two focus drivers name. Marge, I will meet you localy for yours. For some reason I could not get the videos to play. They saved in a odd format. Ross maybe with your expertise, they can work.

Regarding the Dragon Run, Dina and I will go with the majority of the group. Regarding SZ7, there are several SECEG member going this year, including me.

I never implied changing the run. I figured some of you are close enough if you wanted to hang out one of the days when we are down there that would be definitely cool.

Suriel, you probably just need a certain player to play it. My digi cam saves in the format that quicktime uses, so maybe your's does to. Anyways, we'll figure out what's needed to play them.

I never implied changing the run. I figured some of you are close enough if you wanted to hang out one of the days when we are down there that would be definitely cool.
I'm sure I can make it and I know Sarah would love to see Kim again I'm not too far from the dragon I could just meet you guys thee just couldn't do the cabin and all then ya know?
but hey then again next year by then might have the cash who knows??

Pictures from the run on Friday & Saturday. If you can get a hold of Lacy and see if he wants one too. Also who knows the driver of the red focus that was selling stuff?

I'm sure I can make it and I know Sarah would love to see Kim again I'm not too far from the dragon I could just meet you guys thee just couldn't do the cabin and all then ya know?
but hey then again next year by then might have the cash who knows??

I will make sure to keep everyone updated if anyone is interested in coming down.:cool:

I'd like to check out the "other roads"

I'd like to check out the "other roads"

That sounds like a plan, hopefully we can do that:laugh:

That sounds like a plan, hopefully we can do that:laugh:
The other roads are great. The skyway and dragon have no side roads, so that makes them very good. Most of the other roads have some side roads, but you can find a lot that have less traffic than the dragon. Plus it's just nice to change it up and see other stuff. There are some realllly cool roads north of the dragon but have bumper to bumper traffic which sucks. 28 (the road that meets 129 at deal's gap) is pretty nice for some miles, then straightens out and ends down the road a ways. It can be picked up headed to franklin (but that's going way out of the way) and has about 8 miles of good twisties.
Nantahala Lake Road is really cool. Runs along the river. Not a lot of traffic but there are rafters and fishermen to watch out for. It heads toward Franklin so again out of the way sorta.
Foothills Parkway is pretty cool. Ya'll probably seen the signs for it after running the dragon and heading down 129 toward Maryville. You can go up it to some other roads and go on a big loop on some other roads to get back to the dragon, takes a few hours. Buncha waterfalls and overlooks (including the highest point in TN) if you go that way, but you'll hit tons of traffic once you get off the parkway.
There's of course other good roads, but those are the fairly close ones that some fun can be had on. Check out www.tailofthedragon.com for info on those roads.

I'd like to see the other roads but...

I'd like to see the other roads but...

we need to say together and that would take some coordination and/or small group. One thing Hector and I talked about doing next year was running the Dragon early, like early in the morning just to see what its like as well as a pure night run, something I was only able to do on the Skyway on that Saturday as it was dusk when we were on the Dragon. I'd also like to check out "The Snake" I've heard about. The guy at Wheelers has a shirt for it up on the wall, I think its route 441:confused:

Back