• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official count for those interested in VIR

On the main board, over on the right where the last post shows, it just says "official count for those" under spring zing. I was watching the news and surfing ceg at the same time, not good. That's the last time I try and do anything while on ceg. :blackeye:

I was just looking through some of the additional information for this track day. I must say it is the most complete and thorough documentation requirements I have seen for a track day. It also says to register Thursday evening before 7pm if possible, otherwise we pretty much need to plan to be there by about 6 am Saturday morning when the gates open. Saturday morning registration is only 6:30 - 7:00 and the mandatory drivers meeting is at 7:30 am. Seriously thinking about staying closer to the track Thursday night to avoid the 2 hour drive in the morning starting at 4:00.

To see for yourself, take a look at the link in my post above.... at the bottom of the registered entry lists there a re a couple pdf files. The entry packet one has all the details.

Alright already. Who's in for the track? I have booked a room for Thursday night in Danville at the Holiday Inn Express so the drive to the track is much shorter Friday morning.

Ok guys the svtoa will be doing a SVT superfest.

May 23-25 at the VIR full course

Here is an update on the price of the track. It'll be $275 per car/person for one day. Now if you decide you want to do more then one day the price does go down. Waiting to hear back from him how the money will be due. I will update the info as soon as I know.

Is this what we know about the price?

Yes Joe I have the form for participation at the event. Sooner people get their money to Tony the better to hold a spot. I had stated somewhere that in the previous year they turned people away the day of the event cause all the spots were full.

Took my car to the local Ford dealer to have most of the tech inspection taken care of for the track day. Car checked out ok with no fixes or repairs required. I'll do the brake fluid flush and oil change later. Unfortunately, when I start to drive away I notice almost immediately that something wasn't right. The car felt weird and the steering wheel was turned left just to go straight. I turn around after 1 block and take it back. They put it back on the rack and discover the drivers side trailing arm was bent which happened while they were doing the inspection. They can't get the part until Monday so they are keeping the car over the weekend. *sigh*

Yeah, at their cost.

I am not sure what I am more upset about... That I won't have the car for a big cruise in Saturday evening (hoping with a freshly painted splitter if it is ready tomorrow) or that I will be driving it home Monday when the weather is supposed to be stormy.

I would have made them rush to get it repaired. Especially with it being their fault.

Is that better?

Last edited:
Just so everyone knows (and I am still waiting for "everyone" going to the track day to identify themselves) here is some information from the event organizer.

On the SCMC forums it says:
"Come and join the SVT Cobra Mustang Club, Track Club USA, Modular Boss for their annual SVT Superfest to be held on Memorial Day weekend. You do not have to be an SVT owner in order to participate in the event but if you want to drive on track over the weekend, you must be a member of one of these three clubs."

So I asked...
Question: do I also need to join one of the stated organizations to attend this event or is being a member of CEG enough?

Response: If you are a member of SVTOA, you do not have to join one of the groups listed above but that is only good for this year. The SVTOA has taken this event off their schedule so after this event, you will have to be a member of one of the groups listed above to run with us. If you are not an SVTOA member, then you will have to join TCUSA unless you own a Cobra, Shelby, or Boss then you can join SCMC. We are also running Summit Point in September and back to VIR in November so keep that in mind.

Here is the link for TCUSA for those that can't or don't want to join SVTOA:
Track Club USA - (Any make, model, or brand) - www.trackclubusa.com

I just put my track day registration form and check in the mail.

I am doing the track day.

Here is the breakdown of the run groups. There is still plenty of room in the beginner group....

Green Group (Intermediate - Instructor Mandatory) - 8
Orange Group (Intermediate - Instructor needed/wanted) - 21 + me = 22
Yellow Group (Intermediate - No Instructor needed/wanted) - 18
Blue Group: (Advanced) - 18
Run Group: Red (Instructor and Super-advanced) - 25

I am going to very disappointed with the group if I am the only person from SZ on track at VIR.

Well, the organizer, Tony, posted this message to me Sunday over on the SCMC forums when I told him my entry was on its way...

No problem Bob...please make sure your group knows we will not be taking registrations the day of if they plan on coming. Total Contours signed up to date is 0, thanks.

So, based on that, I would say I am the only one registered so far. I really am hoping for more.

Just tried calling Tony but he's out right now. So I'm gonna give him a hollar tomorrow to discuss a few things.

I wish my svt was in shape it looks so awesome.

I'm sorry and disappointed, so many had wanted this track. Tony and I talked and haggled so you guys could run it.

Last edited:
I'm just a bit confused on this ordeal basically we have to register and pay for another site and become a member (which I will not ever use) just to go to this one particular track day? I figured being that the group is looking at going tony wouldn't care about that.

I agree. That's why I asked the question I noted above. But, it is their track rental and they can impose the rules of their choice. Since I don't have a Mustang my membership choice was between the track event group (that only has events in the east) and the SVTOA. So I just renewed my SVTOA membership which allowed me to keep my old number from when I first signed up 11 years ago.

Back