• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

now offering vinyl work!

compudude86

CEG'er
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know im doing vinyl decal work now, I have the "contour", "SVT" and "ford racing" logo ready to cut and can do custom stuff too. Right now I've got white, black, red, green, a black-smooth carbon fiber (is metallic textured back with a smooth semi-transparent black surface), and textured carbon fiber(Di-NOC type), and have orange, blue, purple and pink on the way. If anyone here is interested PM me!

Hi,

I may have a request for you to make one of those logos, if possible.
If you need measurements i can provide them, which is not a problem.

This picture is of my new steering wheel/airbag in my CSVT off a cougar. I really don't care to have a cougar on the airbag when i don't drive one, hehe.
Can you make one to cover it? I measured it in complete diameter to be at exactly 1 1/2" or just a hair past that.

IMAG0108.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
Cool! Do you think you could make SVT overlays (or whatever you want to call them) for these center cap tags (the gold F). I can even send you one to ensure the sizing is correct.

IMG_0795_zps78eb3721.jpg

Alright, I have PMed everyone who has asked questions. I dont know the rules on the regional boards, but I know they get pissed if you discuss business on the main boards, if its fine on here let me know.

EDIT: I will be offering chrome and "brushed aluminum" as an option, I previously stated these were too expensive, but I have since found an affordable brushed aluminum and chrome vinyl for small work.

So far, it seems like simple requests, a couple basic cutouts, and a few circle black backgrounds with the SVT logo in the center. It should be extremely doable.

I am also working on some experimental items using the cutter, I don't want to discuss too much until I have something completed, but it's something you'd look at every day and if it works out well should look amazing!

Last edited:
Hi,

I may have a request for you to make one of those logos, if possible.
If you need measurements i can provide them, which is not a problem.

This picture is of my new steering wheel/airbag in my CSVT off a cougar. I really don't care to have a cougar on the airbag when i don't drive one, hehe.
Can you make one to cover it? I measured it in complete diameter to be at exactly 1 1/2" or just a hair past that.

IMAG0108.jpg

Thanks!

The vinyl overlay will not work well over the cougar head emblem, I know from experience. They dont stick well and it does not look all that clean. You need a domed SVT emblem to replace the cougar head.

P1010568.jpg

2012-11-14_00-35-06&.jpg
2012-11-13_03-23-00&.jpg
2012-11-13_03-22-38&.jpg

was messing around with the machine and seeing what I could make with it, its a little rough cut on the wheel cap because I overmeasured the logo on the cap and had to trim it in place, the other stickers look hazy because I am waiting on my clear vinyl to show up and used some of that "shelf liner" I got at the dollar store just to see what a clear overlay would look like...

what if one passed it with a heatgun quickly and smoothed it out? essentially this is similar to what they use to do vinyl wraps on cars...

As long as it works and i could do the heatgun thing which makes sense, i care less as long as it covers the cougar thing. That's all that matters to me.

Let me know when you are good to go with the little emblem thing.

Thanks.

Can you make some Kenwood logos for the "Stereo" logo in the doors? There was a group buy many moons ago for these. I bought a pair of Alpine ones, but have since upgraded my HU to a Kenwood.
You can see mine in the background of this pic:
IMG_2850.jpg

I'd love to have a new set in brushed aluminum.
Erick --

I should be able to do a speaker sticker, I just need to accurately measure it and get a perfect shape. I cannot print on vinyl (just like screenprinting, its a future possibility) but I can inlay it, placing the color layer into a cutout of a background layer, as if it were one piece. I am currently waiting on a few of the rolls of material, and am in the process over the next few weeks of getting an area set up where I can crank this stuff out fast and efficiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back