• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Wheels

Man I love those :drool:

There is one around town here with some kind of aftermarket exhaust. Sounds incredible.

Im jealous.

Thanks again to everyone. I never knew there was this much love for teh Volvos! :D

I will be sure to upload more/better pics once it gets some Zaino/TLC. ;)

And Rara...I will be sure to call you once its insured for the road so you can take it for a spin. In the mean time, I still have a pair of GCSRT8's, so stop up some time and I will show you what I know 'bout po-fomance breakz. ;)

-Todd

Great car. I've driven a regular s60 and it was a blast. I think with tighter suspension, better brakes, and as clarkson says "power, power, power!!" it could be lot more fun. I do however see how it's more disconnected feeling then the contour, or other cars for that matter. That raw sense of tire to pavement is kind of lost, but not in a refined sort of way. Still an awesome car. :cool:

Very very nice car! I've always been a huge fan of the Volvo R's, almost picked up a manual 850 R, then looked at a first gen V70R before settling for the VERY affordable SVT. Every now and then I kick myself for not getting an R! The active suspension in the R's is the tits .. an that has nothing to do with Ohlins helping to design it! :)

there's a nice one on ebay right now with like 21k miles. most of them seem to be automatics though...not a huge deal though.

that manual shifter looks kinda funky, did you drive the car? how is the manual??

Manual looks quite funky, but is actually very smooth. The clutch has a quick bite, and there is an over-center spring which gives it a quick on-off light-switch kind of feel. But after about 5min, it feels natural.

-Todd

Back