• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New wheels/tires? Help =) THanks!

GMSlam

CEG'er
My Contour 96 GL 2.0L Zetec came with Stock 14" steel wheels. Tires 185/70. The tires I had are poop almost rotting :help: and I'm putting a set of Winter Snow tires on them tomorrow. Anyway I want to get a set of al wheels for the car and found a pair in the classifieds section. Being that I can't post there and it probably belongs here anyway, http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showt...ith-225-50-16-Goodyear-Eagle-GS-D3-rubber-200

Will these 16" 225/50 wheels and tires fit on my vehicle? What would i need to do to find out?

Being that they are quite a bit wider I'm assuming that i may need to install spacers and or longer bolts? Anyone know if this is true? for which of have done it?
and I think I did the math right but the difference in the height should only be about 10.8 mm from ground to top of tire.

any and all help would be appreciated. I've never changed tire/rim size from OEM recommended before. THanks in advance again.

Gus

I meant to put this in Maintenance? I think that's where it goes. Again sorry I'm learning! hah:shrug:

Thanks. Ill try not to make the same mistake again lol. Never found that section before you posted it.

Back