• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Track: Calabogie Motorsports Park, Calabogie, Ontario

The easiest way to get lapping days at Calabogie might be by joining the Motorsport Club of Ottawa (www.mco.org). I see from their site they already had a weekend at the new track this fall. If I recall from looking at their site the other day, it was $250 for the two days (which included a BBQ, I think - well, not an actual BBQ, just the BBQ'ed food) and it looks like you get four 20-30 minute sessions/day- which should be more than enough to tire anyone out, if you ask me.

Not sure what sort of prerequisites MCO might ask, if any, to let you onto the track. Presumably they'd expect you to prove you'd had some kind of performance driving instruction. I'm just guessing, but I'd think they must have some way of weeding out the cowboys.

Membership in MCO is around $60/year, and certainly much cheaper to go in with them than to try to raise the rental fee from six or seven Contour owners.

If there were enough of us going at the same time, we might even talk MCO into giving us our own sessions. I plan to look into all of this over the winter - unless someone here is already a member of MCO and can fill us in.

Back