• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New to the area: What's there to do?

PurpleMystique

Hard-core CEG'er
So I just moved to St. Joseph, Missouri today for an internship I start on Monday. My '99 SVT should get its 3.0 finally installed this coming week.

So what's there to do in this area? I think I'm about a half hour from KC. Anything fun to do there?

So I just moved to St. Joseph, Missouri today for an internship I start on Monday. My '99 SVT should get its 3.0 finally installed this coming week.

So what's there to do in this area? I think I'm about a half hour from KC. Anything fun to do there?

Welcome and good luck w/ your internship. We have "talked" about getting a meet together maybe we can find a destination and we all could meet up. I'm not familiar w/ the St. Joe area so I can't help you out there.
Post pics of your Tour when you get a chance.
icon10.gif

St. joe is about 1 hour from where most of us are. Maybe if we can get our butt's in gear we can organize sumpin' up near Cabela's, kind of in between everyboyd.

Welcome! :cool:

n16908665_34331223_8939.jpg

There's my car. I haven't driven it in over three and a half months, but I should be getting it back within the next couple of weeks.

Does anyone know of any autocross events? Once I have a 3.0 and LSD I'll want to see what it can do.

I pick up my car next Friday and I have to get 450 in-town miles on the clutch before I can start beating on it, so it will be at least a month before I'll be ready to go. They have a "baseline dyno" available on Saturdays: $45 for three dyno pulls and a printout, $65 for three pulls with a/f and printout. I haven't yet uploaded the tune from warmonger, I was thinking about doing before and after dyno runs to see what the real gains are.

The runs are first come first served from 10-3, so maybe some type of mini-meet would be fun. I'll definitely post something up here before I go down there once I get around to it.

that sounds awesome. im a little short on cash so that will work perfectly. im curious about my car as well i have a few things to fix so that will give me plenty of time.

Back