• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New system pics inside!!!!!!!!

??? ya I see one of the best yet ugliest subs ever a CV stroker? what are you getting at here?

hpiz159.jpg
:blackeye:

My God your a defensive little tool aren't you. The comments you have been getting your panties all in a bunch over have been from some of the most respected audio gurus here who have been around audio an eternity longer than you.
Your rolling in the positive compliments because thats what you want. But the minute somebody says something negative you start ranting about how they are wrong. Even if the Dalai Lama and the Pope with Matt Hughes backing them up told you they didn't like your setup you would tell them where to shove it.
Yes Steeda's installs all look like ass (except his most recent). Its a known fact. Sure he talks alot of smack but he's one of the few pioneers here who's not afraid to try something unique.

I know your not even comparing that ugly ass **** to my install. If so you need some serious ****ing help that system is just nasty in the worst way that the word can be taken.

LOL ok, I guess having a huge massive sub sitting upside down is what it cool these days:rolleyes:

Ok I think your depth perception or something is off because the sub is far from the middle of the trunk. Opening maybe but not trunk itself. SOUND QUALITY CAR! Yes I stated that it is way louder than my old setup but never did I say it was built for SPL. Trying to do SPL comps. in a trunk car now days is a joke not to say it isn't possible but highly unlikely to get anywhere with a trunk car in SPL.

thats an SQ setup??? even more reason that setup seems odd.

by the way... after looking at it some more, it seems like your setup would run into some cancellation issues.... is there something i'm missing, or is the backside of the sub not seperated from your port side? :shrug:

My God your a defensive little tool aren't you. The comments you have been getting your panties all in a bunch over have been from some of the most respected audio gurus here who have been around audio an eternity longer than you.
Your rolling in the positive compliments because thats what you want. But the minute somebody says something negative you start ranting about how they are wrong. Even if the Dalai Lama and the Pope with Gerorges St. Pierre backing them up told you they didn't like your setup you would tell them where to shove it.
Yes Steeda's installs all look like ass (except his most recent). Its a known fact. Sure he talks alot of smack but he's one of the few pioneers here who's not afraid to try something unique.

Fixed. :D

There's a couple of ways to avoid this in the future:

1. Don't post pictures in order to get compiments. You'll be devastated when you get both good and bad comments.

2. If you do have low self-esteem issues, fake it. No one can see you crying through the internet unless you write things that would indicate it.

3. If you're posting pictures of your handiwork, and people don't like it, so what?

by the way... after looking at it some more, it seems like your setup would run into some cancellation issues.... is there something i'm missing, or is the backside of the sub not seperated from your port side?

The cone is just inverted, still seals to box. If the port sound radiation is louder than cone radiation at tuning frequency, it should work OK.

Ok now I'm done with this thread. opinions can be made and thats fine I just love how it is always the same ass holes that talk **** about anything and everything anyone else does. You guys can now continue being butt buddies in someone elses thread now! Yes I know you can put more than one thing in a reply

Last edited:
I guess putting a box in a car and draping carpet over it then screwing in a sub is what's cool huh?

Wow soo layin some glass down then drapping vinyl over it makes it cool? Then you flop some lame sub upside down becuase you can't measure correctly to have it sit in the spare tire well? Give me a break...
Seriously if you compete with that i should come down to hickville or wherever your from and clean house.

Back