• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New SVT owner

akaschneider

CEG'er
Hey how are you all doing? Ok I just drove over 700 miles round trip to get my svt today. She's got some rough spots. But I will give her some good old tlc and get her back on the road. This weeks plans new rotors and brake all the way around. The guy ripped out the head liner and not sure why?? But I wanna replace the hood and trunk. I will get somepics up soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

About 50 miles south west of Roanoke. Just a little town. I have to call the svt number tomorrow trying to get my build number. Sorry I didn't respond quicker, was outside putting front on jack stands. Pulled tires and had to beat off the rotors. Scrap metal here i come. My bro got a new set for like $15 each on the front rotors the rears come in on wednesday for I think $20 each. Brake pads look almost brand new. Pulled the driver side skirt off about 2 inches of dirt in it and like 2 of those cheap screws holding it in. Trying to be productive. Finish brakes tomorrow and then gonna put the headliner back together. Guy said he couldn't get the lights working. ummmmm wrong/blown fuse......:shocked:

Never heard of that town before. I'll be traveling down that way sometime soon to pick up a welder from a guy on another site.

Welcome to the wonderful weird and wacky world of CSVT's Check your oil, if it's at the top of the hash mark, add a quart! :crazy:

There is alot on it, 178k. Right now trying to jump through all of the DMV hoops to get it back on the road. I think it will be way worth it when it is finished.:crazy:

It'll be worth it. I wasn't able to drive mine for 2 months during my engine swap. During that time I drove my 4k lb. Tbird everyday. After jumping back in the SVT, it felt like driving a go-cart, lol.

It'll be worth it. I wasn't able to drive mine for 2 months during my engine swap. During that time I drove my 4k lb. Tbird everyday. After jumping back in the SVT, it felt like driving a go-cart, lol.

i've been driving the gran prix since mid-feb. imagine what the SVT will feel like after a 3L, headers,ypipe,exhuast and more goodies.:crazy:

Well down here they say I need to get a itemized estimate of repair from the previous insurance company. When I called the salvage yard about it. The local dealer had a big used car trade in sale. The dealership had an auction an he bought an entire row of cars and this car was in it. ANd he said he drove it around for a bit and it ran great. But long story short he salvage title all the cars to avoid taxes. Now I have to get an appraisel from a local shop.

Ok what does it say about our svt's when the mail man asks me if that contour svt is for sale in the garage. And he is about 75 yards from the garage. Oh heck NO I just got her home and she is mine. Just waiting on new rear calipers w/ brackets. Should be in on thursday. Put them on bleed the system and I will be cruising.:crazy:

Well down here they say I need to get a itemized estimate of repair from the previous insurance company. When I called the salvage yard about it. The local dealer had a big used car trade in sale. The dealership had an auction an he bought an entire row of cars and this car was in it. ANd he said he drove it around for a bit and it ran great. But long story short he salvage title all the cars to avoid taxes. Now I have to get an appraisel from a local shop.

Oh wow ... That was really crappy for the dealer to do that...:nonono:

Ok what does it say about our svt's when the mail man asks me if that contour svt is for sale in the garage. And he is about 75 yards from the garage. Oh heck NO I just got her home and she is mine. Just waiting on new rear calipers w/ brackets. Should be in on thursday. Put them on bleed the system and I will be cruising.:crazy:

LOL :laugh: that's great!! Most people I see around have that blank stare and usually don't even know they made an SVT out of the Contour...:shrug:
I love that tho! ...it makes me feel like the car is even more unique!:cool:

Back