• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New ride pics Trolling!!!!!!

icysvt

Addicted CEG'er
Here is the unvailing of the new ride with the modding already started! Ripped out the stock radio already. Threw on some 20's and have a new HID kit on the way for it too. more to come as well. I need a 2-3" drop and some tint and it will be pretty nice I think. Got the wheels for a steal from a buddy. Not much my style but they look nice on there so they will do for a while! Ok enought rambling on I now have a 2007 Isuzu i-290 My first brand new car ever. Also dont worry I'll be picking up a new contour soon enough. Without further stalling on to the few pics I quickly snapped!

christmas022.jpg

christmas023.jpg

Don't get too close.. I don't want you get CHEVY on my Contour..
LOL. J/K

I really like GM's new trucks. They finally have a mean look to them.

Nowhere near my style/taste but I'm not the one behind the wheel or paying its bills. New vehicles always = :cool: I can't wait till I'm out of college so I can buy a ride on my own.

Looks like a Chevy Knockoff
It really is a chevy knockoff. It is exactly a chevy colorado but with a few Isuzu badges on it. It was cheaper than the chavy and has a better warranty so how could I go wrong?

Nice truck..I dont mind chrome on truck but not that full of a wheel ya know..But if you got them for a steal no biggie sell them later on and get what you want..I'll be doing my truck shopping march next year or so to pull my trailer.

Not if your father's company is struggling to get work because of people buying cars like that...

Your dad owns his own business if I recall... Time to expand out of the auto industry, my buddies dad does the same thing and he's soaring right now. And... for what its worth, my dad works IN the auto industry right now...

Nice truck Icy. My buddy wants to get a rado and slam it. I think he wants to keep a smaller wheel with some all seasons on it so he can take it up to the snowboard hills though. Be sure to post some pics when you get it dropped man.

The thing I find the funniest about the foreign/domestic debate is how wrapped up people get in the names of the company selling the car. Ford has built a couple models in Mexico (Focus was one of them I believe, and weren't some Contours built there as well?) yet if you buy one, you bought American because it was a Ford?? And if you buy a Toyota built in Kentucky or Tenn. (don't remember where the plant is) you bought foriegn?? If you want to buy American, cool, look at the assembly plant and build content info that's on the window sticker. Not to mention no one get's bent out of shape if someone buys a BMW or Mercedes over a Cadillac or Lincoln, aren't they foriegn cars too? The industrial age in America is dying, it was great while it was here, but we're changing ages, and those who don't learn to roll with it will be left behind to some extent. GM, Ford, and Chryslers problems are not from people "buying foriegn", at least not exclusively. I think we need to learn to let that old idea die a nice peacful death.

Not to mention everything about that truck say Chevy Colorado to me and has been stated to essentially be a Colorado with Izusu badges. It almost wouldn't surprise me if it rolled down the same line.

Now that that's off my chest, back on topic. Nice lookin truck Trey, I think a drop will do wonders for it. Have you considered doing the hightower idea to the lights? I think it would look downright mean the way the top lights are angled on those trucks.

It isn't about where it was built. It is about where the bulk of your money ends up going.
If I buy a Fusion made in Mexico, I am putting money into an AMERICAN company.
If I buy a Corolla made in the U.S., I am bankrolling a FOREIGN company.

Am I happy about Ford making the Fusion in Mexico? Hell no... that is why I haven't bought one... But you can thank NAFTA for that....

How about your Lexus?..Made by toyota or bently owned by volkswagen

Same concept..
If I buy a LandRover... I am benefiting Ford.. and American company.
Same with this Isuzu truck.. It is no secret that Isuzu is something like 49% owned by GM...

What gets me.... is I had a friend who's parents bought a Mazda Navajo (look here if you don't know)... I asked why they bought that instead of a Ford Explorer... They responded... "Mazda is a Japenese company... it is better quality".... DUH !!!!

Last edited:
Same concept..
If I buy a LandRover... I am benefiting Ford.. and American company.
Same with this Isuzu truck.. It is no secret that Isuzu is something like 49% owned by GM...

What gets me.... is I had a friend who's parents bought a Mazda Navajo (look here if you don't know)... I asked why they bought that instead of a Ford Explorer... They responded... "Mazda is a Japenese company... it is better quality".... DUH !!!!

HA..Heck my uncles Chevy 2500 Duramax says Isuzo right on the motor cover..year IIRC is 05..

Back