• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Pics of the RWD Duratec Turbo 240SX

I've thought about carb'ing one, and have come up with an ignition setup that would work well with it too.

No love for the 4.3L? I thought those were common swaps?

If Joey doesn't want to make an adapter kit, I guess I'd have to make my own. If I do, I will sell an adapter kit to make it worth the time and effort in doing do :blackeye: :shrug:

It's not that common, but you do see them. Actually, what I'll go for eventually is a VW 1.9L TD. Not much more HP but gobs more TQ. Plus its a TD :cool:

To be honest I really don't want to put any electronics back in the thing. With the set up I have right now I don't have an ECU at all, it's been totally removed. I like it. Nothing for water to ruin, no 20+ year old Suzuki electrical gremlins, no O2's to change, etc. Whatever motor gets swapped eventually, I'd like it to be electric free.

ok whose gonna be the guinea pig to put that thing in their tour?

i want to see it happen...

Why?

why did they put a hayabusa engine in a smart? you get the picture

Burrita - Since you are still essentially prototyping, something has occurred to me that might make things easier.

Fox WC-T5's have an input shaft and bell housing that are .63" shorter than an SN95 T5. If you made the bell housing adapter plate .63" thick instead of .375" thick and made it a full backing plate so that the starter passes through it similar to factory, you could then use an SN95 input shaft with a Fox bell housing (input shafts are easy to swap) and not have a need to space the flywheel out from the crank. This would also permit the pilot area of the input shaft to ride in the pilot bushing in the crank.

Back