• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New pics of SC done

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
Well like usual I have to make small changes to the intercooler outlet and some triming for the outer manifold to fit better so I have it done now I am going to send the brackets out and get them powdered coated and have two idler pulley milled down. I will have the car running this week NA to make sure we have the setup running properly> I will tune in the injectors weld in A/F wideband to get the car tweaked before we install the SC. I think this kit is a complete moster it looks strong and fast there is alot of work in this kit trust me. I am stoked we got this far and just inches away from the car boosting. I am working on a 3" catback system and cold air for the car now. I will also be working on the brake kit too waiting for the parts to arrive back. Enjoy Joey

SCfusionsmall.jpg

SCfusionsmall1.jpg

SCfusionsmall2.jpg

[img)http://easylink.playstream.com/burritasvt/progressive/SCfusionsmall3.jpg[/img]
SCfusionsmall4.jpg

do you think you've got enough wrap-around on that top pulley ? ...looks like 30% contact, whereas all the other accessories on the main belt have closer to 50%. Just thought i'd mention it while the motor's out ...hope it works out for ya ... G.

dang it joey and i just bought a supercharged MINI and you have to make this... It is making me want another contour. great work man! you never cease to amaze me.

do you think you've got enough wrap-around on that top pulley ? ...looks like 30% contact, whereas all the other accessories on the main belt have closer to 50%. Just thought i'd mention it while the motor's out ...hope it works out for ya ... G.

it not wrap around the belt it is contact between the belt and the pulley example if you have a small 2.2 pulley and you wrap it 300* you still will only have about 5 inches of contact surface where if you have a larger pulley you may only have 120 degrees of wrap but you have still 6 inches of contact surface between the two plus the larger the pulley takes less force to turn the pulley since you have more torque you are applying because you are further away from the axis. When you hear of car slipping belt it is always the smaller puley slipping one because requires more power to turn the smaller pulley and less contact around the pulley never the crank. Thanks

OK great, you obviously saw that issue coming .. If i could hide that 'charger under the hood, i'd definately have one .
icon14.gif
.. G.

With somthing that sweet, I'd put a hole in my hood to show it off. I want one but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford it.

Makes me want to buy another CSVT and Supercharge it; Maybe I can get a discount since I bought your Turbo Kit!!!

Who knows I might just go for it. Wow you just changed my next project car....

- amyn

Back