• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new numbers

BrApple

No Life But CEG
turned the boost up to 10 psi and netted 286/272 on a Mustang Dyno.

at 8psi it hit 274 and 260 (maybe it was 250, don't recall)

I'll have the plots rescanned in color by the end of the week.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
So what's it going to take to get that thing over 300whp:cool:? You know you want more :laugh:.

Aaron

well bump the numbers ~10% to make comparable to a dynojet and its 315/300 .... I think running the 8 psi spring instead of a 3 psi spring with boost control will make the boost more stable. And as pointed out in another thread a larger exhaust looks like it would help also ... also the compression on my 3L was alittle low but they where all pretty close together.

So what's it going to take to get that thing over 300whp:cool:? You know you want more :laugh:.

Aaron
Taking it to a Dynojet might get you 300? :laugh:
Good numbers from a Mustang dyno, I recently made 598/580 on one at 7# boost :cool:.
Glad to see you got things working well (must resist urge to order turbo kit :laugh:).
-J

real nice brian. few feelings are greater than peeking at ur torque numbers and seeing 300ft/lbs. amazing. and yes, a larger exhaust will net u more. temps are down everywhere now, so our cars will be complete animals this time of year. enjoy. oh hey brian, one more thing... in all honesty i dont believe running ur car at that low of a psi will save the cars motor life much over time. i'm guessing thats why u wanted it that low, right? if the SeVT isnt ur DD, then running the car at a base 8psi will be more than safe for the motor. just my .02.

real nice brian. few feelings are greater than peeking at ur torque numbers and seeing 300ft/lbs. amazing. and yes, a larger exhaust will net u more. temps are down everywhere now, so our cars will be complete animals this time of year. enjoy. oh hey brian, one more thing... in all honesty i dont believe running ur car at that low of a psi will save the cars motor life much over time. i'm guessing thats why u wanted it that low, right? if the SeVT isnt ur DD, then running the car at a base 8psi will be more than safe for the motor. just my .02.

not worried about enigne life, its going to go at some point .... I change my mind and went with the 3 psi spring to have greater boost controll, so instead of just having a range of 8 to 12, I have a range of 3 to 12 psi .... that and having never driven a boosted car before I wanted to take it easy at first ....

and after driving it at 3, 6 and 8 psi, 8 is a good number. 3 is a nice little kick, 6 gets up and goes but 8 really goes as well at 10 of course.

well bump the numbers ~10% to make comparable to a dynojet and its 315/300 .... I think running the 8 psi spring instead of a 3 psi spring with boost control will make the boost more stable. And as pointed out in another thread a larger exhaust looks like it would help also ... also the compression on my 3L was alittle low but they where all pretty close together.

Ah I never knew that, thanks for the lesson :). Going to be posting videos soon?

Aaron

Aaron

just thinking about it I need another bov. this one leaks, but not from the intake side but where the vacuum line attaches. The top of the RFL doesn't seal so it pull air in around the plunger and past the seal in the top. if I cover the trumpt with my hand and remove the vacuum line from it the vacuum will stop. So I think that I would also be leaking some boost which is also why it jumps around alittle.

running a recirculated wastegate so the only thing you will hear is the bov

I think i kinda like that, more of a sleeper. Car sounds good.

Pretty darn good numbers for 8psi. What Psi/HP are you shooting for once you get the kinks worked out?

I think i kinda like that, more of a sleeper. Car sounds good.

Pretty darn good numbers for 8psi. What Psi/HP are you shooting for once you get the kinks worked out?

those numbers where at 10 PSI, although 8 wasn't that far off.

a solid 300 is good for me as of this time.

In the second video, how come there was white smoke coming out again when getting off the throttle? I thought you fixed that with turbo coupe pcv?

In the second video, how come there was white smoke coming out again when getting off the throttle? I thought you fixed that with turbo coupe pcv?

it did. I haven't noted any smoke in a long time. but the dyno is a stressful environment. I was told they all due that on the dyno. what I figure is the oil seperator I am using is just an inline air filter for an airline. I have noted once before that it emptied itself so I figure that is what is going on here. I need a good catch can.

Great numbers brapple. A larger exhaust will def help you!!!!!

Brapple what tb/ maf are you running?

Back