• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New member New car

cruisersk1

New CEG'er
Hi All,

I am a recently new member here. I bought a Silver Frost 1998.5 SVT off of Craigslist here in Fort Collins for $800. It is #5852. It needed a motor which I got on Ebay. Its just about ready to roll except I need a new fuel injection wiring harness. I guess mine has alot of wires with cracked insulation on them. I dont have enough posts so I cant post a classified so if anyone can help me out with the harness or the name of someone who has one it would be greatly appreciated :help: Then you will see my wife running around Fort Collins in it!

Welcome - it's 30 days or 50 posts. If you joined in June you probably are close. Cracked injector harnesses are not uncommon. There is always liquid electrical tape to coat the wires or just plain old fashioned black tape.

I bought a 2000 2.5 off ebay. I hadn't been on here long enough to learn about the 3.0. I got the motor for $406 and the tranny for $180 and shipping was $325. I decide to take it to a shop and let them swap it for me as they told me 7-800 for the swap. I went out there after about a week and talked to the guy who was working on it. I figured out why it was taking him so long, he only works on it 4 hours a day because he turns 80 next month. I kinda feel bad...

Welcome - it's 30 days or 50 posts. If you joined in June you probably are close. Cracked injector harnesses are not uncommon. There is always liquid electrical tape to coat the wires or just plain old fashioned black tape.

Oops it's 30 days and 50 posts.

Back