• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New License Plate Lights

I redid this mod at the neceg meet(my first pair started flickering/died out.) Stupid CT plates are blue at the top, so the white light makes it actually look like the plate is lit up blue :blackeye:

Tag lights are one of the things they check under annual safety inspection here. You'll fail inspection if they're broken or missing.

It looks great Goonz! I remember the previous thread about this. Makes such a difference although it's so subtle.

I got my festoon LED's from another joint. I believe mine have 8 LED's per bulb where as those pictured look to have 6.

Mine are 4, I dont want them to be crazy bright now haha :laugh:

and yea, I highly recommend this mod regardless what car you have, at night in person, it just looks soo much cleaner

What the hell do you mean by UPS....research my thread from a while back where I brought up the idea about doing it to my SVT and did it.

and take your rolling eyes elsewhere.

does anyone know what ones you would want to get to replace the dome lights and the foot well lights ... I think i found the correct foot well light but I am not possitive, the numbers don't really cross reference on the superbrightled.com web page ...

thanks

IIRC I used the same festoon LED for the license plate as I did for the front seat dome light. They should be the same.

Back