• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Cars That Impress Me Thread

Since i'm the only one who likes the batch of cars that are coming out especially considering the crap we've been getting, i'll post another. This is officially the first impala produced in the last 20 yrs that i could see myself driving. Looks good i think. The performance figures are better than the taurus of the same trim. The soon to be released SS will be the holden brought to our shores. We've been complaining we in the states aren't getting the good stuff they send overseas. Well, chevy is certainly listening more.

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-front-three-quarter-in-motion_zpse4326341.jpg

Since i'm the only one who likes the batch of cars that are coming out especially considering the crap we've been getting, i'll post another. This is officially the first impala produced in the last 20 yrs that i could see myself driving. Looks good i think. The performance figures are better than the taurus of the same trim. The soon to be released SS will be the holden brought to our shores. We've been complaining we in the states aren't getting the good stuff they send overseas. Well, chevy is certainly listening more.

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-front-three-quarter-in-motion_zpse4326341.jpg

The Impala is a FWD car and is meh. The SS is the Pontiac G8 that they never should have killed. Oh, and it looks like Holden will be dead and gone within the next few years.

The Mustang, I am not impressed. Reminds me of the Hyundai Genesis. Ford may have invented the retro styling market, but they never hit the nail on the head. The new Mustang is more of the same. They should just dump it and do a full redesign instead of each "new" generation looking more or less the same.

I may be the only one, but I've really been digging the Regal GS since they first came out. My big issue with the car was price and the amount of buttons on the console. I test drove one when they first came out and it handled very well and liked to hear the blow off valve of the turbo. I just didn't think it was worth $40k. For 2014 they fixed the console and added AWD. Now if they were $30k I would buy one in a heartbeat.

2014-buick-regal-gs-ny.jpg

2014-Buick-RegalGS-001.jpg

004-2014-buick-regal.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Buick...you guys are getting old. Lol. I think they are all ugly. I will stick to trucks and older Stangs and cars they actually got right the first time!

Best looking Stangs are 67-68, 69-70, Foxbodies and the 03-04 Terminators....hands down.

I hate new traction control systems and the fact they dont have a TRUE OFF button. My truck will be getting the switch mod once the warranty is up. I hate hitting the traction control off, and still being limited to a certain mph...and once the wheel speed hits that while doing donuts in the snow or burnouts the traction control kicks back on. Rant over. lol

Back