• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Cars That Impress Me Thread

BAD SVT

Addicted CEG'er
So i was thinking that i can't be the only one who sees new cars on the road & think "Wow, i like that". Or read reviews & see new car photos online & is impressed. So i thought i'd devote a thread for it. So this thread is for new'ish cars only that are compelling to you. Why does it stand out to you? Doesn't matter the make or model. I'll start. The 2015 mustang has been revealed. I'm in love. The rear is just sublime, & imo mirrors more the rear end of the 67gt shelby. The front is tits too. Reminds me of the sexy fusion. Feel free to go back a couple of years or so.

2015-ford-mustang-gt-3_zpse4c9e3af.jpg

2015-ford-mustang-gt-4_zps1ee391bc.jpg

rear-hand_zpsc3606123.jpg

tail-lamp-detail_zpsbbe900e0.jpg

convertible-top-down_zps5f4776e5.jpg

three-quarter_zps4dcdb482.jpg

tarmac-hero_zps3b99c7c6.jpg

tech-from-passenger_zpse1d307f1.jpg

Ok, I dislike the new Mustang and the direction Ford has been taking their cars.

Yes, I understand it's the same lead designer, but they seriously need to stop using the Aston Martin grill on every vehicle they put out. It's just so.... Dodge of them. The "signature look" should be left to art moreso than forced onto production models across the board.

That being said, it looks like a Ford rebadged DB7, which is beautiful. So yes, it's beautiful but the whole "samegrilloneverything" movement needs to end.

-caleb

Ok, I dislike the new Mustang and the direction Ford has been taking their cars.

Yes, I understand it's the same lead designer, but they seriously need to stop using the Aston Martin grill on every vehicle they put out. It's just so.... Dodge of them. The "signature look" should be left to art moreso than forced onto production models across the board.

That being said, it looks like a Ford rebadged DB7, which is beautiful. So yes, it's beautiful but the whole "samegrilloneverything" movement needs to end.

-caleb

I feel you. And i do agree that a certain design grill shouldn't be forced onto models accross the board. I think brand recognition is the reason FORD joined the movement. Besides, other than the general shape, i don't think the grill is that similar to the others. On the stang, the fascia is pushed inwards. And the bars that run vertically make it unique.

You people and your Aston Martin hangups. Put them side by side, and you'll see that they really aren't much alike at all.

I like Astons... I just don't like seeing another maker use the same grill on their new lineup.

Besides, the guy that designed these cars has drawn the same shape for the last 10 or so years now over 2 manufacturers.

There's so many other routes to go, it's just so disappointing.

But... it's not even close to the same grille. That's the thing. Nobody is even bothering to look, just because it's wider at the bottom than at the top "Oh, they ripped off the Aston!!". It's getting silly.

and here you go... similar yes, but not the same. Specifically the slopes on the edges of the top grill not to mention that the Aston upper grill is thinner.

2006-aston-martin-db9-2-door-volante-auto-grille_100260155_m.jpg

h80g.png

Last edited:
Now what I want to see is a 2015 Shelby Mustang with a 5.0 Ecoboost engine. That would be awesome.

For everyone on about the grill it's all about brand recognition. Dodge, BMW, and Audi all spring to mind when talking about using similar front end design. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I'm not gonna lie, I am digging the new Fusion. A litte bit wider offset/stance on the wheels in 18". Maybe a 1.5" drop and it would be just about right.

Sure most everyone will like a high end sports car or exotic.

2014-ford-fusion-to-gain-3-cylinder-engine-57679-7.png

ive got a 14 fusion and love it so far. the only gripe i have, and i see it with the mustang, is that the roof line is a lot narrower than the door. the one time this year that we had snow and i opened the door, even with brushing it off with my hand, the snow dropped right on the floor/seat. The mustang wont have the snow issue, but heaven forbid it sees rain itll be all over the interior when you get in

joe that color is a burgandy, just bad lighting

ive got a 14 fusion and love it so far. the only gripe i have, and i see it with the mustang, is that the roof line is a lot narrower than the door. the one time this year that we had snow and i opened the door, even with brushing it off with my hand, the snow dropped right on the floor/seat. The mustang wont have the snow issue, but heaven forbid it sees rain itll be all over the interior when you get in

joe that color is a burgandy, just bad lighting
That happens to me with EVERY car I have ever owned.

me too, but this was probably the worst ive had, and if you do have to drive your 2015 stang in the snow from the looks of things it will be much worse

Back