• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New addition to the fleet

AWESOME!!! love the wheels!!

Yeah I love them too until I realized I need new tires at about $250 each.

Very nice choice.

Thanks. We test drove a bunch of different vehicles including the Focus ST before we decided on this. We almost got the ST but since we were replacing the wife's car we wanted something that she could chauffeur her clients in. Plus I didn't want her driving anything faster than me :laugh:

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't had any issues with the sync and it handles pretty well for a larger vehicle. We got the extended warranty just in case though. I've read about the leaking PTU in the AWD so I didn't want to have deal with that. I'm still getting used to the gas mileage. We're filling it up every week.

Looks pretty damn nice!

Thanks Man!

250 a Tire!! damn!!!!

Yeah the Pirelli's are stupid expensive. Even on tirerack they're $269 ea. Thinking about going to another brand that gets better reviews. I've been reading about terrible tire wear with the Pirelli. The dealership quoted the wheel somes $800 each IIRC which is another reason why I got the extended warranty that includes wheel replacement. They might have been exaggerating but I didn't want to take the chance.

Nice. The wife runs the MKX which has the same motor. 40K highway miles and no issues with it & no leaking PTU, It's been a great vehicle. I ditched the Pirelli's and run Michelin latitude tour HP's. Have fun with the sport .

Nice. The wife runs the MKX which has the same motor. 40K highway miles and no issues with it & no leaking PTU, It's been a great vehicle. I ditched the Pirelli's and run Michelin latitude tour HP's. Have fun with the sport .

Thanks. We thought about the MKX as well. I wish I could get the heated and cooled seats that the MKX has. Glad to hear its been reliable for you.

Looks wise I'm not sure which one I like better but with the 2.7L Ecoboost V6 from the Mustang and the overall improvements inside and out I may actually be looking to trade this one in when the 2016 comes out.

315.jpg

315-4.jpg

The new re-skin looks too much like a Honda CRV to me now. I prefer the current generation by a country mile.

I think the looks resemble the current Santa Fe but that's not really a bad thing. I think the Santa Fe is an attractive SUV eventhough I believe thats due for a facelift soon. With that being said I think I like the current version better as well but I'll hold final judgement until I see one in person.

^ MKX and the Flex are just having leaking PTUs like crazy in the AWD setups.

Luckily our '09 Limited Flex is just FWD. We have about 140k miles on it and no major issues, just wheel bearings and brakes :cool:. (oh and the squeaky vista roof headliner :blackeye: )

love the edge,especially the sport....looks sweet,love the wheels too.....i considered one when i was car shopping,but couldn't find a sport model in my price range....i ended up getting a fusion sport instead....looks really good in white!!!

Thanks for all the compliments. We're really liking it so far. We've put about 10K miles on it since February. It's not all that great on gas but neither is the CSVT at this point.

Back