• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

never a boring moment on weed st...

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
i had the oil company over fixing my boiler and as the guy was leaving and we walked out of the house we heard a loud crackling sound followed by the sound of a big rig slowing down and lots of horns blowing.
went outside to find a truck stopped in the street and my neighbor yelling at the driver.
he clipped the phone line on my house breaking it and causing a transformer to short out down the street. every house east of mine lost power.
the truck pulled on the phone line so hard that when it snapped it flew back towards my house and wrapped itself around my trash barrels.

a few minutes later my street was full of acivity..sorry for the dark pictures....
weedstfun.jpg

weedstfun2.jpg

you cant tell too easily, but there is the rig that ripped down the wire, two national grid trucks, a fire engine, a comcast truck, and a police car.

Reminds me of a time long ago when I worked at Stop and Shop. There was a step hill in the back of the store that would overgrow with weeds. They had somone contracted to cut it.. I wouldn't dare want that job.

The guy was using a good size tractor, the hill was wet... There was the big green power transformer on the ground... Need less to say, he lost control, jumped ship as the tractor drove right into the transformer that powered Stop and Shop, in the mean time I'm in the manager's office getting chewed out as I always did and the lights start to flicker and there is firework sounds coming from outside... Then no power..

It took at the transformer, and the huge main cables burned up all the way into the store. Hear it was quite a show. They said if he didn't jump off he most likely would of been toasted himself...

I was there along time packing dry ice into the freezers... Fun.

All I can say is good thing someone wasn't outside when the cable came flying, who knows what it could have done. Hope everything gets fixed up soon.

Captain Meathead or his Company is gonna foot the bill for THAT debacle?? Was he lost or something???

nope.
he was let go without a citation.
he goes down the street about twice a day, this time he was empty.

and its mostly the contractors fault (the ones that paved the street) my street is now 6 inches higher than it was before they started the work.
so all the phone wires are now too low.

verizon gets to eat the bill. they own the static phone lines, comcast was only there because i called about a line down.

LOL! Only on your street can so much activity take place.

Back