• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need to get my car inspected

trhlz1222

Veteran CEG'er
does anyone from nc know if you have to have windshield washer fluid dispensers on the car to pass a inspection and i have an engine light on but if i get it turned off five minutes before i get it inspected take it in will it pass without the code showing up on their computer???

I know i am not from your area and thus i should just shut up :laugh:

However for us we have to have the front screen wash working, does not matter about the rear :rolleyes:

does anyone from nc know if you have to have windshield washer fluid dispensers on the car to pass a inspection and i have an engine light on but if i get it turned off five minutes before i get it inspected take it in will it pass without the code showing up on their computer???
No answer of the fluid res. but no the erase engine light code will not work. Once you clear the code you need several drive cycles to allow it to pass if they are scanning your OBD-II port for the inspection. Sorry.
-J

no idea what i need. lol. last time i had it checked it was the 0401 code where all that usually needs to be done is cleaning the passage ways inside the tb on the uim. ive done it twice now and still nothin but im going tomorrow to get the code again to see wat it is. ive done the suck test and it idles normal so its stuck close. i may just need to replace the egr and im afraid to ask how hard that is. and i found out i dont need to get my car inspected due to the fact nc has gone to electronic system and no more stickers and the way my car fell into the month that they changed i dont need it inspected till next october when my registration renews. so that gives me some time.

ok got it coded again today and i still got the p0401 and now a p0156 i believe. i know it said the rear bank o2 sensor. is that due to the egr throwing a code cause i replaced the o2 sensor that is below the coil pack and i put in mils just two weeks ago on the lower 02 sensors.

swap the mills around. if the code changes from bank 1 to bank 2 then its the MIL. if its still bank 1 then its the 02.

You dont need the nozzles but you will not pass if you just clear the code and test. You have to have driven at least 50 miles before the computer is ready to do the test.

Back