• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need info: replacing OEM strut/spring with BAT parts

MadDog

Veteran CEG'er
I am in the process of switching out the OEM SVT rear strut and spring with the BAT Euro Handling Kit. As part of the build, I also bought replacement upper strut mounts. I already went over this with the BAT representative about which parts I would need, and it looks like I had everything.

This is the BAT upper strut mount:

308.jpg

Now, when I took the OEM strut out, this is what the upper strut mount looks like:

IMG_0307..JPG

And after some examination, the OEM part is actually 2 pieces:

IMG_0307a6..JPG

The factory manual doesn't appear to show the right hand piece in the install guide. The BAT representative, upon questioning says that the BAT parts are 1:1 replacements.

So, my question is: do I need the right hand piece in the last picture to snap into the BAT upper strut mount ?

thanks,

Mad Dog

Last edited:
Move this rear upper spring perch/hat over to the new BAT rear upper strut mount. No need to replace unless heavily rusted; something not seen on the West Coast.

Thank you very much for this information. After reviewing further posts and another how-to, I think I should of spotted this before by carefully inspecting the old part. Lesson learned !

thanks,

Mad Dog

Back