• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need immediate help on manual-power drivers seat conversion!

DanMyers

Hard-core CEG'er
I recently bought a leather interior for my car and I'm trying to swap the manual drivers seat that I have for the power leather one, but I can't find the power plug and I thought that every 'Tour came wired for power seats from the factory, any idea where this plug is hiding? Do I need new wires to run for the power seat? Thanks.

Did you check under the carpet. I though there was a little "window" cut in the carpet where the plug came through. Maybe the plug has worked it's way back farther under the carpet? Did you pull up the carpet?? Just trying to throw some ideas out. :shrug:

Well that's the thing, the seatbelt sensor wires come straight out of the loom covered in electrical tape, and they're the only ones that do, there should be 2 more connected to the plug for the power seats, but there's no wires at all other than the sensor.

IIRC, there was a post in the old forums where someone mentioned that you have to run a "always on" wire from the fuse box. I would suggest you run one from Fuse 28 (interior fuse box). That is the factory fuse location for the Power Seats. The fuse rating is 30 AMPs and the fuse is light green in color.

Haha you beat me to it, thanks, xtascox and I will be doing it tomorrow. Still don't know why mine didn't come with it when it seems like everyone elses 'Tour did.

Ok, I was under the impression that all of them came with the plug, but I never looked for one until I had the seat out already, I was looking in the old forums and the posts I looked at seemed to suggest that all tours came with it, however it seems as though I was mistaken, thanks again.

lets hope after all that work that power portion works:blackeye: i'm turning my power drivers seat into a manual seat for that reason:rolleyes:

When I swapped power seats in, I almost cried when they didn't work because they were moved all the way up making the car undriveable. Then I found that I just had to pop in the appropriate fuse that wasn't initially installed.

PM Aliasjerk if you still have questions. I know he just did this a few months ago and his seats still work. :shrug: :)

Haha the seat went in fine, and thanks to Alex (xtascox) we even got the hot side of the fuse on the first shot! Thanks for all the help guys, hopefully this thread will be easy to find using the search for others who have this problem. BTW, the seat works excellently, I wasn't sure I wanted leather or a power drivers seat, but now that I'm playing with it, I'm so glad I did.

Back