• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help with parking lights

alex894

Hard-core CEG'er
I had the fogs running with my low beam as DRLs for a while and now I've got tired of it. I want to do what most Audi A4s have, fogs + the orange parking lights(the blinkers).

I got them to work, fogs + front corners but the back corners and license plate lights are on also. ...i don't want that.:mad:..although I loveed how dimmed the front corners were. The reason I don't want all four corners is because all the lights draw too much power and the tour is not liking it when I give it a boost.

BTW, I'm running H3s for fogs.

In a nutshell, I want to make the fogs work with the front corners, not including the back while the front corners are still dimmed (1/2 of the power).

I appreciate all the help I can get, somebody shed some light on me.

Cheers.

The only thing I can think of is if you installed a switch to cut power to the tail lights, BUT you would have to do this without cutting power to the brake lights.

I cut the wires, ok, but when I turn the light switch i would not have any tails for night driving.

what I did: I hooked up the DRL module to the parking lights. Again, all the lights were on, fronts, tails , plate and gauge. :help:

I was thinking of rewiring the front lights but I wouldn't have anymore low beams if I were to switch the wires between low beam and parking lights. :help:

there is a way around it because when I first got the car I had lows as DRLs w/o the tails on.

grrrr :mad:

I just bought my SVT from Canada and it has DRL's that are on all the time with no other lights, front or rear. Is that what you're looking for. I don't know much about wiring but if you think I can help just let me know.

I had the fogs running with my low beam as DRLs for a while and now I've got tired of it. I want to do what most Audi A4s have, fogs + the orange parking lights(the blinkers).

I got them to work, fogs + front corners but the back corners and license plate lights are on also. ...i don't want that.:mad:..although I loveed how dimmed the front corners were. The reason I don't want all four corners is because all the lights draw too much power and the tour is not liking it when I give it a boost.

BTW, I'm running H3s for fogs.

In a nutshell, I want to make the fogs work with the front corners, not including the back while the front corners are still dimmed (1/2 of the power).

I appreciate all the help I can get, somebody shed some light on me.

Cheers.

That sounds like such a project, may possibly be more work than its worth but to achieve it would be a nice how-to in the future.
The only bit of an idea I have would be to run it's own lead from the DRL box it self to the light. Custom made socket for the bulb?.:shrug:. but no matter what to bypass a bulb you still need and that is hooked up with the rest of the outside lights, thats tough.
I am interested to know what you come up with.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll contact BrApple if I ever get my head around to messing with the ligts again....I'm in the process of acquiring an actual Audi...lol

Cheers

Easiest and most sensible:
Cut the power wire on the corner bulbs and splice them into your foglight wires.
Then splice the ground into the ground for the foglight.
This should turn your front corners on anytime your foglights are on.

Last edited:
Back