• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need Help wit PCV!

bauer1215

CEG'er
I know this has probably been answered but I have been searching for a while and cant find out what to do. I have a full 3L in my SVT but I just bought a ST220 upper intake manifold and the easiest way I found was to swtich to the 2.5 valve covers so I started down this route and got a nice set of valve covers moved the coil but I am having trouble with the PCV since i have to switch back to the 2.5 system. I tried to remove on at a junkyard (oil sperater) but it didnt come out. So i am stuck how do I run the PCV? is there a revised set up someone has made? or what? I need help please!

thanks in advance

You don't have to switch back to the 2.5L cover use the 3L PCV as it is a much better setup. You just need spacers. Bugzuki has them for sale on his website...

http://www.hybridaction.com/Store/Contour.htm

However if you still want to use the 2.5L PCV system I can sell you the one off my engine as I won't be using it.

Last edited:
I already have the valve covers. Picked up a painted set for 40 dollars which is better than 140 for the spacer. No offense but I would rather stay away from that. Would I be able to get the oil separator in between the heads? I couldn't get it out! And how much would you like for it?

Yes you can do it without removing the heads at least on the 3l engine. Not 100% sure on 2.5

Does the ST200 intake hit the covers? You can have the valve covers cut down and welded up. I had to do this on a 2007 Escape motor I ported for SVT intakes because you can't use 2.5L covers on that motor (water pump cam moved to exhaust cam). A intake spacer may be cheaper and easier though. Just a thought.

It's the st220 and it hits the 3L valve covers I was told they should fit the 04 Taurus motor so I bought some and just figuring out the pcv if it will go on with the heads in I. Am fine just need one to try it out haha

Back