• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need help ASAP

silver rocket

Hard-core CEG'er
First off car/engine: 2000 contour SE 2.5 MTX. Parts: Borla muffler don't know the exact numbers but i know it will fit and resonator is the magnaflow 10435.
Ok so i went to a local welding place near me (olympic). And they said that they could get the muffler on easy but the resonator was going to cost me.
They told me that in order to get my resonator on they would have to cut my exhaust before the flange after my cat and bend a pipe to get it to fit. Cause the stock ones are C/O he said he can't lay the Magnaflow in there sideways????? Witch is what i believe i have been seeing all this time I've looked on pics and stuff. I REALLY NEED HELP cause i am taking it back up there tomorow to install my muffler and would like it all just done in 1 trip there. Will try and find pics of other Contours with it but please if you know a secret to get it in there "sideways" i would love the help.

THANKS

SO he can;t install a resonator that will follow the stock route?

Then he's obviously try to take you for a ride. Have him weld it on a bit of an angle. Have him cut the pipe on an angle to help alight it with the rest of the exhaust!

I got it done else where. They were just BS-n me they were saying like 350$ for muffler and resonator, muffler being 100 of that. So i will never go to or recommend Olympic to any one EVER. CarX did me fine and only charged me 80$ for both they did what i knew had to be done witch was weld it on there with a little angle. Olympic told me that was illegal to have it on sideways so i just blew them off.

But i have question though: my exhaust is not near as loud as i imagined. It has a NICE RPM rumble under 2200RPM but after that i can't hear it at all:shrug:.
I even stepped out of my car went to the rear and had a brother step on it and still not what i was expecting. So is my exhaust going to louder the more broken in it gets? Or is it my setup that is not loud? Both pieces are BRAND new.

I got it done else where. They were just BS-n me they were saying like 350$ for muffler and resonator, muffler being 100 of that. So i will never go to or recommend Olympic to any one EVER. CarX did me fine and only charged me 80$ for both they did what i knew had to be done witch was weld it on there with a little angle. Olympic told me that was illegal to have it on sideways so i just blew them off.

But i have question though: my exhaust is not near as loud as i imagined. It has a NICE RPM rumble under 2200RPM but after that i can't hear it at all:shrug:.
I even stepped out of my car went to the rear and had a brother step on it and still not what i was expecting. So is my exhaust going to louder the more broken in it gets? Or is it my setup that is not loud? Both pieces are BRAND new.

As time goes by ...it will get quieter...as the cars exhaust adjusts to the new addition. Also each car due to the stock pcm settings will create it's own sound compared to a 98 model etc etc. Because of spark and fuel changes in the tune.

Back