• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Need a New England shop to do 3.0l swap

slammedsvt

CEG'er
Have 98 csvt 03 3.0l stage 2 clutch and bug plates let me know need my car back on the road quickly. Have cash shoot me a price will tow car and motor too you

yeah i hit up air coug right after x mas hes swamped and cant do it. found a shop in ri robs custom pumped to get it done

I said I couldnt come out to you to do the swap.... you never mentioned anything about wanting to tow it out to me... That would have been a whole different story. I dont have the time to go to someone else's shop to do a swap, it has to be done @ my garage if I am going to do the work...

didnt know you had a shop wouldve done that a long time ago. sorry from the posts i read and the pms i was getting about you sounded like you just liked to work on cars and not an actual custom shop. what do you charge for the swap. robs custom hit me at 12-15 hundo and there gonna fix the 2 front struts, and mount on a set of 18s for an extra 900

Greg will be doing an engine for me at his shop and plus he comes highly recommended by Ian (Zorrex) so that right there has gained my full trust in him! A friend of Ian's is a friend of mine! Good luck with that shop in RI especially if they don't have much experience with the SVTs...at least with Greg you will have the assurance that he has worked on these cars and knows the ins and outs but anyways best of luck and post up some pics of the final results.

not to mention. He now has a plasma cutter. heheh

So far to date Greg has done
Got me parts on the fly (engine mounts, harnesses, and much more)
helped me with several wheel bearings
Installed a diff in my cougar
put the 3l in my svt
let me leave my svt up at his shop (not a good practice , so thanks for being patient Greg)
answered several questions about cougars/contours
gave me some free automotive knowledge

I don't have a custom shop... I work full time for usps, but I rent a small 2 car deep garage about 3 miles from my home.
I do many custom installs regarding svts, cougars, and various other makes and models, plus do regular repairs and maintenance on many of my usps co-workers' vehicles...
So not an actual full time operating shop, but I have more tools than most garages do.

Back