• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

NECEG Fall meet???

Dr. Cross

CEG'er
I thought I should post the info about the NECEG Fall meet here in case anyone from the Montreal area is interested in attending our cruise. This is still in the planning stage, so please check the post in New England forum for updates/confirmations.

As was discussed some time ago, there was some interest in having this year's Fall meet in VT. It looks like the best w/n for the meet will be 10/13 - 10/14 (if anybody feels like spending the nite in VT).

Here's what I have in mind so far:

Meet off of exit 10 on I-89 (Waterbury exit, about 2 hours from Concord, NH) around 10:30-11:00.

Head up the road to Ben & Jerry's for the factory tour (takes about an hour w/ ice cream eating and what not).

Have a picnic style lunch (sandwiches, chips, cookies, drinks-I'll take a collection and buy everything) either on the B&J campus or at a park in Waterbury. This would also be a nice time for pics.

Next, make our way to the hilite of the trip: a run (or multiple runs if that's the consensus) up and down the Appalachian Gap. Picture and video opportunities abound!

After that fun, head up to Burlington on the Church Street Marketplace. We can either park in a down town garage, try to park on the Waterfront, or park at the University of Vermont and hit the shuttle/walk to dinner (less than 15 minute walk).

This should put us at 18:00 or so. If people want to leave after that, I-89 is just a hop, skip, and a jump from Church Street.

Those that wish to stay (you'll need to book a room soon due to Leaf-peeper season, I'll get some quotes if people wish), we can cruise up along the lake some, or you can just hang out downtown.

How does that sound?

Any comments welcome!

Back