• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

n/a zetec help!

I threw on 2.25" from the flex pipe back this thing is starting to get quick and it looks absolutely retarded in a bad way. Not to mention that it sounds like those srt-4's without a turbo. I smoked a few kids in hondas today the look on their faces was priceless. The rims and springs hopefully put an end to to the "why's and wtf's". I'm considering black mesh now so thanks for the critique.

I threw on 2.25" from the flex pipe back this thing is starting to get quick and it looks absolutely retarded in a bad way. Not to mention that it sounds like those srt-4's without a turbo. I smoked a few kids in hondas today the look on their faces was priceless. The rims and springs hopefully put an end to to the "why's and wtf's". I'm considering black mesh now so thanks for the critique.

Let's get a sound clip and some pictures eh?

vids/audio clip or STFU! :laugh:

it's a snowy day so hopefully I'll get a chance to take some videos of some "ff drifting" lol...yeah kinda like my user name. I'm keeping this thing n/a! I want the throttle response and most of all the reliability cause it's my daily. Does anyone know the name of those zetec (or whatever 4 cyl) mustangs? I really want one. Rotary swap would be a lot of fun. So far these are the only pics I have of the car. It looks a lot nicer now since I ripped out the cruise control, cleaned up and shrink wrapped some wires and ripped out the wiper fluid tank for the coolant overflow(works nicely). I already bought the belt for the non a/c conversion I just gotta get around to doing that. The 2.25" exhaust comes out right in front of the left rear tire it actually looks pretty badass. I still have to get a ricer tip for it though, the glass pack I bought is quiet as hell so now it's noooo muffler at all. Like the 4" intake? :laugh: The interior has an a/f gauge in the pillar, sunpro 10k tach (pretty obvious) , oil pressure near the cig lighter and voltage in between that and a water temp. People always ask me wtf and I just laugh and play with my shift light :crazy:
l_2e9e727fb0201d6c0b0a7c7d6f01b806.jpg

l_9642a55a06832eb8f1f68c3c393e19fd.jpg

when I saw that first pic I fell out of my chair laughing, HARD.

your car already has a tach, why did you put a 2nd one in there on a nearly stock car?

lol it is really funny, but whatever it's just some more :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of the way. Once I do the springs and rims it'll look legit. The snow ate my exhaust :(

Your springs and rims won't make you go any faster. Face it, we drive zetec contours for their almost unbeatable reliability. They aren't fast cars, and they never will be. And why you would install an aftermarket tachometer in a car that has a factory one is beyond me.

If I were you I would lose the rice and put your money into restoring the car and maintaining it so it lasts. That's why most people buy these cars- a zetec will run pretty much forever with a little maintenance.

Your springs and rims won't make you go any faster. Face it, we drive zetec contours for their almost unbeatable reliability. They aren't fast cars, and they never will be. And why you would install an aftermarket tachometer in a car that has a factory one is beyond me.

If I were you I would lose the rice and put your money into restoring the car and maintaining it so it lasts. That's why most people buy these cars- a zetec will run pretty much forever with a little maintenance.

further more, lowering springs on stock struts is dangerious for handling, it will look better, yeah, but it will handle and ride like crap, do it right or dont do it at all.

further more, lowering springs on stock struts is dangerious for handling, it will look better, yeah, but it will handle and ride like crap, do it right or dont do it at all.

what :confused: Never heard about the handling being bad, well maybe if the stuts are shot but all I have ever heard it is will wear them out quicker and there is the chance you will bottem them out and damage the strut ...

That tach reminds me of a children's toy....."My First Tach" by Fisher Price.:laugh:

Not to mention it's sitting sideways, so bewteen 0 and 6k revs (which is where your car will ALWAYS be, no getting around that) you won't even be able to see the needle because the steering wheel is in the way. :rolleyes:
Oh dear...

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but complete a project before you start another. It's better to do a little bit at a time rather than do 50 things and not finish them. That's my philosophy at least.

Back