• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My satin black portmatched swap build.

A few more pics i got today after finishing up my exhaust yesterday and washing it tonight. Also my mild hesitation fixed itself, im guessing just a little more air in the fuel? Fixed 1 exhaust leak by replacing rear subframe back exhaust. And replaced the idler pulled on the tensioner with the pulley off the 3l tensioner.
The car runs great now other than a few annoying exhaust leaks and after coming to a stop it idles at 2k for 10-15 seconds before droping to 950. I have a bad bunch of wires in one of the large connectors that mount to the plat on the rear valve cover. It apears to run under the uim on the pass side and i belive comes out to the other side and one of those plugs into the iac. If i unplug the iac it idles at 900rpm only stoping at 1500rpm for a few seconds. So im hopeing those wires are the problem

Pics of the new stance. (intrax front and eibach rear)

Exhaust 3..JPG

DSC02250..JPG

The new exhaust ( Arospeed mufflers with 3.5" tips)

exhaust 5..JPG

Exhaust 1..JPG

Exhaust 7..JPG

Since my last post I've fixed the idleing issue by borrowing a stock svt tb from 95_mystique, so I bought a new 65 mm tb to rework to try to make work correctly.( pretty sure too much air getting by tn when closed.)
As soon as I figured out the idle issue the new clutch started making noise and then slipping. I gave up for a week in disgust then looked at it. Appears rear main seal is leaking oil onto clutch disc and causing it to slip. Have to pull tranny again and find out for sure, just waiting for the nice weather to return since the chessan project is back in The garage.

Well after having to pull the trans again to replace the rear main seal and new clutch disc(since the one that had 200 miles on it was no good due to oil contamination), The car is finally back together. Also put some royal purple in the trans and fixed my one broken shifter linkage. Got the mustang Tb figured out and the car runs and idles perfect maybe a lil low, shes just barely over 700 rpm at idle. Driveability is great and took it today and it passed a legit PA inspection and emissions testing.

All this getting it running good has motivated me and i put a few hours into the thrashed mirko i bought off of pole120. Got it ready for some fiberglass reinforcment then i can start making it pretty again. Tonight I ordered some dzus fasteners to mount it. Then when i spray that im gonna spray the pre 98 trunk lid i bought off 95_mystique about a year ago. Once this is all done and im back to working 60+hrs a week and have some extra cash flow im gonna respray the car with a black base and matte clear and hopefully get a show quality paint job that im happy with.

Forgot this isnt facebook. I was trying to like your post lol.

Glad its all working out for you now. Mine idles at about 700RPM too, which i seem is low as well, and my alternator doesnt charge right and makes my speedo go all crazy on me. I cant wait to see it with the pre98 trunk. should look good in the matte black!

Looking at your car makes me miss my E0. I love the E0 wheels. I know I'm crazy, but they look so much better than the E1 wheels to me.

If I have the car long enough Im gonna plastidip them bronze or gold for this winter that way if i dont like it i can just take it off. I have my 18s back on now for the summer and i will say i miss the ride of the stock wheels.

Yeah I went from stock E0's on my first contour to 18's and it was a HUGE difference. Following every crack in the road and feeling every penny and pebble in your path definitely takes getting used to. I eventually downsized to 17's but I miss the look of 18's in the wheel well.

I know Im late on the topic, but to one man bleed the clutch, put an 8mm end wrench on the bleeder, then zip tie 3" of vac hose to the bleeder. now get a "1 man bleeder" from autozone, it's like 6 bucks. zip tie all the connections on that so it doesnt leak or blow a line off. stick that some place high. now get a piece of wood longer than the distance from your seat all the way back to the clutch pedal.

keep the valve closed, pump up the clutch, mash the wood against the pedal, run the seat up to keep it in place, now run around the front and let the bleeder loose with the wrench. repeat this (remember to top off the fluid every three passes) until no air shows in the line to the "one man bleeder" canister. you should have to dump the old fluid from the canister a few times, you want it about half-3/4 full at all times. it's a pita, but in my experience, it works better than two men and a wrench...

Glad to see everything is coming together for ya. Rear main leaks are just the worst. I battled one on my first svtf. It was a disaster car because the shop who did all the work/clutch replacement let some high school kid do the work. I purchased the car from a private seller knowing it needed work, but found myself a money pit with everything biffed haha. The kid even cross threaded the axle nut.

Thanks guys, Hopefully the rear main is gonna hold up. I took special care installing it and used the felpro plastic installer that came with it and that really made things easy. And thanks troll but i already have one.

Just about have the mirko finished. One more shot of bondo and then some more reinforcing the back then it should be done. Really happy with the progress on it sofar. This weekend it should be on along with the trunk lid. Will get pics up then.

I used fiberglass then bondo hair, now using bindi to finish shaping. It's just thin layers and this thing was mashed up when I got it and the paint was spidered but after sanding down the bondo was still good.

Got the mirko installed. Still needs a little finishing body work but wanted to run it for a little to see how well it held up. Strength wise there is no issues ive hit it pretty hard a few times and scrape it atleast 2 times a day. Got to finish a few up close blems and fill the mounting holes and try to get it to fit a lot more snug.

Mirko1..jpg

mirko2..jpg

Also working on hightowering a set of headlights satin black. Got one about finished(just needs reassembled.) Now waiting for my spare set of headlights to be delivered to do the other one.

Back