• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My exhaust

I bet that thing is loud as balls at WOT!

Someones going to be wearing earplugs on more than long cruises!

Well, the loudest street bike Ive heard was a race prepped 06 R1 with no mufflers what so ever. It could make your ears bleed. Im guessing this may be a tad behind that, but still loud as ______. Whatever fits :shrug: :laugh::laugh:

yeah it looks really good - but I cant see that passing much muster at the side of the road by Mr. UHP

yeah it looks really good - but I cant see that passing much muster at the side of the road by Mr. UHP

well, from what I can find, Utah has no requirements for mufflers or sound levels. But there are ordinaces for local areas, so that's what I'm worried about. But when I'm not on the freeway, I just try to keep it below 5k and it's not that loud. I've heard Harley's that are louder. But when I do get on it and it's over 10k, mmmmm, it screams!

well - Im not sure about that. I know there are specific city regs like you mentioned, but I also know there is a state one about noise levels - but it might not apply to bikes

Back