• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My dyno results

hotdimmes

Hard-core CEG'er
looks like 147hp and 149ft-lbs. I was getting random drops. They were suggesting things like plugs, wires, and coilpack as possible problem areas. Anyone else with suggestions/opinions/comments?

Mods are K&N RU-3530, SVT cat, Borla exhaust.

3runs.jpg

for some reason, that graph is slightly different from the printout he gave me. I gotta check the program settings when I get home. The printout says I made 150.4 torque on my last run. Also it doesn't say "air fuel ratio", it says "AEM O2" and it starts around 13 and goes down to like 10 around 6k rpms while hanging around 12 in the middle. :shrug:

yeah looked a tad lean. Smoothing = 5:help:

+1 plugs and wires.

I didnt know that the converter was specific to the svt.

Mark

chris, did you go to Bristol Dyno? The air fuel on the plot is a flat line, for some reason my ended up that way when I plotted mine ....

also your a/f sounds typical of a fairly stock car ... it goes pretty rich in the high end

Yup, bristol dyno. I went with the Mass Probe club and a few Focaljet guys. is an SAE of 3 standard? I had no idea what to set it to, but that's what he had it set to when he printed out my sheet. I'll scan the printout and upload that tomorrow. I think I'm gonna go back once I do the headers, and to make sure I cleaned up that wire/plug/coil issue. I got some videos/pics of my runs too. I'll try and get them uploaded.

also my plots read AEM O2 also .... they must be using an AEm Wide Band O2 setup to capture A/F data. Hmmm maybe that is why the A/F reads as a flat line when reviewing the data in the dynojet viewer ...

either way post up a picture of your plot.

btw here is my first dyno at Bristol Dyno with the SVT exhaust and airbox, as you can see the stock SE PCM A/F is just stupid rich from the factory ... in fact I got my best gas milage ever on the way home from SZ this year, but then again sticking to 65 might have also helped but who knows ...

http://www.engr.uconn.edu/~briana/dyno/oct05.jpg

is an SAE of 3 standard? .

SAE is the correction used. in teh dynojet viewer you can change the corrections, you can see what your numbers where without correction and what a standard correction would be, they will both be higher. Also the Smoothness of 3 is just that, a smoothness factor, on 5 it will make the lines very smooth and on 1 they will be very rough, but of course your car is dropping out. It could have been a bad reading from the plug wire but chances are its the wires as I had some similar drops on stock wires.

Also let me know when you plan to go back as I want to dyno again to back up my SZ numbers and so I can compare to what I did before the cams and headers ...

Back