• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My dyno results from Walsh Motorsports at Spring Zing

Sprebound

Veteran CEG'er
Here is my dyno printout from SZ.

DSC02034.jpg

Not too bad for only having an open element filter and a catback. Oh yeah, the heatshield probably added like 15hp. ;)

Looks like you have a healthy 2.5 I remember Eurotour pulled off some high number with his w/o hardly any mods.

Funny you should ask...I always have a CEL because for some reason my car eats up O2 sensors. For that, I am thinking my precats are bad? Anyways, when I got back home, I checked my codes with my scanner and I had a 1518 code which means that my secondaries are stuck open. I did kind of notice it on the way home but didn't really think too much of it. Well, I checked under the hood and the secondaries were definitely not moving, so I took the cover off to see if anything was binding but didn't notice anything. Ever since I replaced the cover, for some reason the secondaries work fine. So, I am not really sure if my secondaries were even working when I dyno'd the car. Would my numbers be what they were if the secondaries were stuck open?

It would look about the same because the dyno started so late in the RPM range. Though even with stuck open secondaries there is typically a big ramp in power when the timing curve kicks in...

Well it does explain why you have such low tq numbers from the initial 3k rpms though.

Those are some great numbers, thats for sure.

Damn that pud heatshield. I knew selling mine i would lose power :laugh:

With intake and exhaust on my 2.5 I posted max hp and tq nearly identical to you, though I don't have the chart to reference the curves and whatnot.

Yeah dude...that thing is money. Too bad I will be putting in a CAI...even still, I should still use it, its mad hp!

Lol.

Looking at your chart makes me want to know my numbers

Hmm i should be making my appointment next week for my dyno numbers.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a 1518. :laugh: I think I hold some kinda record for that code. I've had it for over 3 years now and counting. Nothing seems to fix it. :shrug:

Nice numbers for near stock though! :cool:

Time for me to finally get my car on the dyno.

Haha yeah, I just got some TIP121 transistors via UPS the other day...now I just have to find some time to put dat :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: in and relocate it. Woop.

No need to relocate. Just an fyi.

Well...technically the less heat the IMRC is exposed to the better and it might be overkill...but I still want to relocate it for peice of mind. I have been trying to pay attention lately and I have definitely noticed that my secondaries are indeed opening correctly. But I will still change out the transistor in hopes that it won't happen again.

sounds like another candidate for the imrc heatsink mod :crazy:

Haha, no thanx... I think my double redundancy plan will work just fine. Hell, if I replace the transistor and the problem doesn't happen again, I will probably just leave it on top of the valve cover. Or we can just cut that corner all together and install a water block on top of the IMRC and water cool that biznatch! What do ya'll think eh? ;)

Back