• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

my boosted 3L

No, I was just listening to Garrett. I will call them tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the help. Where is the BEST spot exactly for the oil drain? I know the oil pan but front, rear, left, right etc?

Did you even call Precision, or any turbo rebuilder? I doubt any turbo is a single use piece.

I just did some quick google searches and it seems like his turbo, ball bearing turbo, can't be easily repaired like ours can. The whole center section has to be replaced, which is rather expensive.

Again that was just a quick google search, so I am not completely sure. I would definitely give Precision a call and see what they say.

No, I was just listening to Garrett. I will call them tomorrow for sure. Thanks for the help. Where is the BEST spot exactly for the oil drain? I know the oil pan but front, rear, left, right etc?

The easiest spot is the top right side of the pan, welded in at a 45 degree angle with a compression type fitting. Brett had his welded in and has some pictures he can post.

Yep, my turbo is not rebuildable. The center piece is replaceable and thats it. So I might get a little cheap one to hold me over in the meantime.
Fot the oil pan, is the right side on the drivers side or passanger? and the angel going down into the pan right?

Yep, my turbo is not rebuildable. The center piece is replaceable and thats it. So I might get a little cheap one to hold me over in the meantime.
Fot the oil pan, is the right side on the drivers side or passanger? and the angel going down into the pan right?

If you are looking at the front of the vehicle, the right side of the pan. I will have Brett post pictures of his setup. It clears pretty well and is strong since it is welded.

The Oil Restrictor you have DOES NOT go into the oil line, but goes on top of the turbo. The oil line will attach to it. The restrictor may fix the problem you have, just put it in the correct location.

Here are a few pictures I took during the motor swap of the oil drain fitting on the pan.
This is our first attempt, we didn't account for the header coming down so we had to have it rewelded at an angle.
2011-05-04_18-54-28_684.jpg

Here is what we ended up with.
2011-05-17_20-28-51_875.jpg

It ended up being a tight fit, but it works fine and I have had zero issues with it.

I think I have some more pictures on my phone of the angle needed etc. if you want them.

Ok, I am going to re-do my oil drain for sure this weekend. And the oil restrictor I have just does not fit for some reason. I am ordering a tighter oil line and a restrictor. Garrett sugested a -3 lind AND a restrictor too. So I am ordering those first thing next week.
So it looks like the best thing to do is weld then not tap and screw I guess. That looks like a tough spot to pick. Is there any other spot? As long as its as high as it can be.

If your tapping anything... you should do it here...

IMG_5058.jpg

Then more good pics from the NECO forum...

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

IMG_5210.jpg

IMG_5212.jpg

Last edited:
The only problem with that location is getting the drain line to properly mate up with the turbo. Going by that picture it looks like the line is going to have to have some sever twists to get to the proper location. Does he have any finalized pictures of everything installed?

The only problem with that location is getting the drain line to properly mate up with the turbo. Going by that picture it looks like the line is going to have to have some sever twists to get to the proper location. Does he have any finalized pictures of everything installed?

those pictures where from a cougar that got a supercharger, iirc on the passanger side, so the routing wasn't an issue.

I have the block on my car tapped at the same location. I will be upgrading to steel braided line at some point. I just plan to come straight off the block and loop out to the fans and then up to the turbo. So it goes out and around the header instead of behind it.

Back