• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My Ac Is Driving Me Nuts

hugoscsvt88

CEG'er
I have spent 600 bucks on a new compressor and after I had it replaced the ****ing thing gets locked up again. The mechanic is telling me my condensor is bad and pieces of metal are clogging up my system what do you guys think. :nonono:

That's weird. My first guess is that you have a leak and the compressor seizes when the refrigerant gets too low. Before it seized... did the compressor engage/disengage harshly... like jerks the car? Did the a/c blow consistently cold, or did it occasionally get warm?

If you do have a leak (probably why the compressor went out the 1st time), the mechanic should have found it. It's possible they're suggesting that the condenser is falling apart so they don't have to give you another compressor for free.

well see the compressor failed twice the second time it was after they fixed it. So I had to go back and get it replaced it was free though. But now that it failed this time they are saying pieces of metal from the condensor are clogging the filter which is causing my ac compressor to fail.

Back