• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 98.0 SVT Tour a work in progress ...

Tried cranking it with the bad harness it pops my pcm mod fuse. got a harness from beans for 50. Shipped for the entire harness. Will try It as soon as its installed.

Video proof it runs.. Forgot to hook up the vacuum hose to the crank case in the back of the Mazda UIM so it stalled out under 800rpm but fixed that ! more pics / video tomorrow.

Congrats on getting your 3l running. Thought about doing a full 3l myself.

Thanks man if I had to do it again I would have bought latex gloves and wouldn't have done anything else different! Go with the Mazda MPV 3L it's a direct drop in! Your time and labor will thanks you! I paid 695 tax included for my 28K Mazda motor well worth the money for a direct drop in!

I have a ported 04 sable with 34k on her. Got her for $ 335 . But come next tax time maybe I'll do it. with the ported head been running lean and done everything possible but no luck.

Well good luck I'm pretty handy with the remove and replace side of mechanics and even troubleshooting but tuning a car is beyond me.. Do u have a tune and if so is it helping your lean condition? If u dot it who was it from ?

Yeah the pull and install went smooth had a bad wiring harness. Got lucky and found a decent replacement on the junk yard. I avoided having to tune by doing the ported 3l . Replaced all gaskets the last thing I need to try is the maf. But finding one from an svt has been the challenge. What you looking to get powder coated I am sure I can hook you up.

good job PAT!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sam I owe you a lot of credit for th wisdom along with a few others. For everyone who chief me parts Beans for the parts at a great price! The throttle body, the NPG fuel rail adapter from joey, also the advice form everyone who's no longer members who wrote in the archives and the stickies too. Thanks again Sam and everyone following the build.

From what I had read I thought I didn't have to have her retuned. Sorry, that is probably why I haven't been able to solve my lean issue.

nice 98 !!!

nice 98 !!!

Hello.. I would like to say thats a nice ride dude... !!! we have the same taste in SVT colors..lol..
I like man!!! Keep it clean bro!!
Take care.!!!

Hello.. I would like to say thats a nice ride dude... !!! we have the same taste in SVT colors..lol..
I like man!!! Keep it clean bro!!
Take care.!!!

Thanks man i'll have to check out your ride sometime. hopefully I'm almost finished with my 3L swap Ive been so busy with my move into my new house and getting some dental work done i haven't had time to really trouble shoot why its not running good not to mention i have a few plugs still not plugged in lol which is most likely the issue lol... thanks for checking out my ride :)

just a few pics of the Mazda MPV 3L installed (taken at night, just after a really bad thunder storm)

Top view on 3L installed
IMAG0515-1.jpg

Mazda's MPV 3L UIM's butterfly valve hooked to my WOT switch (for now)
IMAG0523-1.jpg

close up view of the side mounted coil pack
IMAG0520-1.jpg

Hope that's a few decent updated pics! More soon

This is the crappy weather were having my tour is under an oak tree damn limbs better not scratch the paint!
a0c80f22.png

The coolant light is not on due to the temp sensor. It sticks in the bottom of the coolant tank and either you are a little low on coolant or you dont have it plugged in.

Ok I must be a lil low because I'm sure I plugged it in but thanks for the info gives me direction for tomorrow! Once again another CEG'r to the rescue. Lol

have you pulled the codes yet?

coolant light is on because the fluid level isnt to max

Back