• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3L SVT build

good news for sure, Ive been watching your thread here for a wee bit. Could you list what you have done to the 3.0? Dude you practically stole this car from is gonna be pissed when he sees his car rolling! lawl.

Last edited:
I have not forgoten about this, I motors in and running great.

The final cost was right around 2200 with the price of the car included.
Im working on a website as we speek to show everything I did and the ongoing progress of the build. I well post the address just as sonn as i get some more content up.

but for now her are some of the pix
new motor in looks stock dont it, the shortram intake came in yesterday need to get it on.
S4010173.jpg

the 3L when it was delivered
S4010138.jpg

cleaning the engine bay
S4010155.jpg

Stock Y-pipe Optimization
S4010129.jpg

breaking down old motor.
S4010108.jpg

And just for fun one of my old toys.
it will rip reflectors off the road when changing lanes its so low :laugh:
S4010046.jpg

what did u swap over to the 3L , did u port-match the heads?
I used the block, heads, and cams from the 3L im putting in the 2.5 cams later. and I also had to use the 3.0 water pump because of the size of the fittings for the hoses on the new block. all the rest is stock SVT parts.
and I did port match heads you have too.

good news for sure, Ive been watching your thread here for a wee bit. Could you list what you have done to the 3.0? Dude you practically stole this car from is gonna be pissed when he sees his car rolling! lawl.
As far as mods right now is the short ram intake, gutted pre cats, removed the exhaust resonator, and the xcal tuner for now.

you people are ridiculous. if you dont know that a narroband guage is worthless (wether or not it's "modded" to read more accurate, its worthless without a number display) your an idiot. half of my posts are worthless? maybe i'll just quit posting here. you people are so bigheaded on this forum it makes me want to vomit. i wasnt trying to be a prick to hazzard but now i am tryign to be a prick to the rest of you. i guess i should quit asking for insight, or giving people advice on what little i do know. either way, kiss off, kthanksbye

you people are ridiculous. if you dont know that a narroband guage is worthless (wether or not it's "modded" to read more accurate, its worthless without a number display) your an idiot. half of my posts are worthless? maybe i'll just quit posting here. you people are so bigheaded on this forum it makes me want to vomit. i wasnt trying to be a prick to hazzard but now i am tryign to be a prick to the rest of you. i guess i should quit asking for insight, or giving people advice on what little i do know. either way, kiss off, kthanksbye

You do this everytime someone calls you out. The open threats to leave the site, aren't affecting anyone. You made a rude comment to HAZZARD, and you got called out on it. Got a problem? Send me a PM or deal with it. Nobody here is being big headed. You acted like a clown, and this is where it gets you. And for your "your an idiot" comment. It's "you're an idiot." Who looks like the idiot now? "kthanksbye!" :rolleyes:

Mark

You do this everytime someone calls you out. The open threats to leave the site, aren't affecting anyone. You made a rude comment to HAZZARD, and you got called out on it. Got a problem? Send me a PM or deal with it. Nobody here is being big headed. You acted like a clown, and this is where it gets you. And for your "your an idiot" comment. It's "you're an idiot." Who looks like the idiot now? "kthanksbye!" :rolleyes:

Mark

Well he PM'ed me...more on this later :crazy:

and still, a modified AFR gauge is still better than none. Its a summit gauge cant be that expensive either. So.... bite it.

That is sweet that you got your project done in 2 weeks. I have not had the time to work on mine, so it is like a 4 month project now. Yours looks pretty nice. Let us know when you get your site up and what the address is.

Back