• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Moving down to CT-New job at Electric boat

2000myst

Veteran CEG'er
Hello Everyone!

So, yes, I know it has been a long time since I have posted anything or come to any meets. Same excuse as always, just been busy with school. Fortunately, my school career is about to come to an end, and in a good way. After going through the motions for 4 years and working fairly hard, I have selected a job offer from Electric Boat in Groton, CT. I had a few other offers, but this one I liked the most after weighing all of my options.

Anyway, I have a few questions for all of the CEGer's the live down in that area, if any do...

I will be moving into an apartment with my girlfriend and we are currently looking at a few places. From what we have found online and from what EB has provided we have narrowed it down to these places that look decent:

The Villages at Shore Landing
Phoenix Apartments
Peppertree Apartments
Nutmeg Woods

They are fairly priced for what we are looking for and aren't too far away from EB. Do any of you have recommendations or any information about these apartments? Also, if there is something else worth knowing, please share.

I am extremely excited to be graduating and I am definitely looking forward to moving on with my life.

Thanks everyone!
Dan

Congrats on the new job!!

Take a look at apartmentratings.com for some of the larger complexes.
I've never lived in a large complex but have had good luck renting in smaller buildings via Craigslist. I know a few people who have used a realtor - many will show apartments for a fee, typically half a month's worth of rent.

Congrats on the job!

my father built subs down there for years and a good friend of his still works there.

good luck and have fun!

not from that area of the state but I am down there alot since that is where my girlfriend and her parents live. Its a pretty nice area. I'll ask them about it.

Also my Uncle, who happens to live around the corner from the gf and her family, works at EB also. Plus my cousins husband works there too. actually, she and my gf when to the same hs, just about 8 years apart. plus they go to the same church ....

Thanks All, I appreciate it. I've worked pretty hard for this, so I'm glad things are working out. Can't say the same about the Mystique though...

this is from his blog
"I also need to fix my front bumper which has a huge crack in it due to my dad hitting a nice big rock with it. He did a good job fiber-glassing it back together, but its no where close to being done. I might, MIGHT, look into a SVT bumper and rip this one off"

but that is old...we need an update!!

Ok, so long story short...

Had some work done on the car, which ended up costing me waaayyy more than it should have and was a huge headache. While pulling into the shops parking lot I hit a huge frost heave. Didn't even see it. My gf was behind me and if I hadn't of hit it, she would of.

All of my rocker panels are rusted out and huge chunks are just falling off. Pretty much the whole underside of my car is one big piece of rust. I'm surprised the rear suspension hasn't ripped off yet. I also still have a CEL that will not go away. Such a PITA.:mad:

Well, at this point I am either looking for a new bumper and some other things or a new car.:eek:

Sorry for the bad cell pic. Thats all I have at the moment.

Attachments

• car..jpg
    car..jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0
Ouch that hurt just looking at it. With all the rocker rust you talk about it might be time to make this a donor car and salvage what you can.

Welcome to CT.

Wow I totally missed this one! I've worked at EB for a year and a half now and it's a pretty good place to work. Benefits are great and people leave you alone if you do some work every once in a while. What department are you going to be in? I'm guessing engineering based on your schooling comment. The only apartments I know in the list you made is Peppertree and I don't know too much about them. Groton isn't the greatest area to live though, and neither is New London (on the other side of the river from Groton). I live in East Lyme (with parents...) about 15 minutes down the highway. It's time to go home though, so I'll check back in to see what's up later.

Back